Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

No.  He's a diva and he isn't very good.

I watched him a bunch in the OHL, he has alot of talent, just has a bad reputation. It was never going to work with him on the Islanders, they kept holding him back. He needs a change of scenery. I would love to see him here but I think he needs a place with a good locker room where some veteran leaders could take him under their wing and show him how to do things, I don't think they have that here right now.

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, in fairness, Sobotka attempts to pass.  Apparently, his inability to complete a pass should not, and also apparently will not, be held against him.

The degree to which he froze with the puck on his stick in open ice last year was unparalleled. The fact that he topped 30 points just two seasons ago is unfathomable to me.

Maybe Ralph thinks that was more a confidence problem than an AHL skill set?

• Like (+1) 1

Just remember NHL forwards peak in production between 25-28. After 28 it starts to decline and at 31 it really goes fast. Now sure some players overcome this but you are telling me that 32 year old Sobotka is going to overcome what? His average meager production of 10g and 15a? Seems unlikely. 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

The degree to which he froze with the puck on his stick in open ice last year was unparalleled. The fact that he topped 30 points just two seasons ago is unfathomable to me.

Maybe Ralph thinks that was more a confidence problem than an AHL skill set?

Riding with Paul Stastny more than any other player (even defensemen) helped.

In the ~10 blues games I watched to scout him and Berglund last year, despite oodles of ice time with Tarasenko, Vlad never really came close to a point, not even a secondary assist, so the point totals were a mystery to me at the time as well (I think I even brought that up in that post)