Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You are VERY close.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._C._Irving_Regional_Centre. 3162 seats and some standing room.  Still, to me, that's very, very small for NHLers, even if they have played in smaller ones before.

It's actually not even in the "hockeyville," Renous, NB, because their rink is too small.  https://o.canada.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-canadiens-greeted-by-sea-of-red-sweaters-in-bathurst/wcm/9319e0ef-7b53-4c7c-b4c4-6ebcdbbc3917 .

Searching "Tom Donavan Arena," which actually is in Renous, produces next to nothing.

Amazing. The place barely has seating.

https://www.nhl.com/video/hockeyville-tom-donovan-arena/t-277350912/c-68899703

8 hours ago, Ducky said:

I don't think there is any way we make the playoffs with our D as it is today.

Let's not forget Laine and KC aren't in camp either.

Morrissey Pionk

Kuli Poolman

Beaulieu Niku

Not a lot of D men there that know how to play D.

Kulikov is barely an NHL D men anymore after 4 years of injury riddled seasons.   I would throw Laine to Carolina for two of their D.

12 hours ago, Ducky said:

I don't think there is any way we make the playoffs with our D as it is today.

Let's not forget Laine and KC aren't in camp either.

Morrissey Pionk

Kuli Poolman

Beaulieu Niku

Not a lot of D men there that know how to play D.

woof, that's wretched. 

25 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Alex Nylander leads the Blackhawks in points in the preseason.

Also Alex Nylander 

How many points does he have? 

I watched the Hawks game last night and the one thing that stood out to me about Nylander is he still looks really slow. If you can get him in the right spot to set him up for a shot then all is well and good. But he's still pretty one-dimensional and doesn't look like he brings much else to the table.

Just now, darksabre said:

I watched the Hawks game last night and the one thing that stood out to me about Nylander is he still looks really slow. If you can get him in the right spot to set him up for a shot then all is well and good. But he's still pretty one-dimensional and doesn't look like he brings much else to the table.

Sounds about right

23 minutes ago, darksabre said:

So he's like the anti-Cozens?

Remember all that talk this summer about pushing the play up ice and driving the net. No wonder Nylander is no longer here. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Thomas Chabot Signs 8 year 8 Million AAV with Ottawa 

Insert mother of god gif

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

We're gonna end up being better off just renaming the city after Dahlin

I think you are going to end up being right on this one.

Chabot scored at a 64 point pace (55 in 70) for his 21-22 year old season as a defensemen. He's also not terrible defensively like other young defensemen (though don't watch the film from our 9-2 beatdown of Ottawa if you want to see the good side of his defensive play). Had he finished the season at that scoring pace, he'd have been top 5 in points from defensemen. He's gonna be outstanding, and that contract will be completely reasonable. 

And yeah, Dahlin is gonna be effin expensive 

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Chabot scored at a 64 point pace (55 in 70) for his 21-22 year old season as a defensemen. He's also not terrible defensively like other young defensemen (though don't watch the film from our 9-2 beatdown of Ottawa if you want to see the good side of his defensive play). Had he finished the season at that scoring pace, he'd have been top 5 in points from defensemen. He's gonna be outstanding, and that contract will be completely reasonable. 

And yeah, Dahlin is gonna be effin expensive 

I agree with this take. That said, there is certainly some risk that he sort of flatlines a la Ekblad. 

15 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Elliotte Friedman will be making a regularly scheduled appearance Thursdays on the Instigators this season. 

Was on this morning. Said Winnipeg is definitely aware of their issues and Buffalo’s glut of RHD.

Doesnt think anything is brewing right now.