Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Guess Ken Holland isn't that much better than Chiarelli. 

It's like two different kinds of bad.

Loading your team up with Lucic deals, and blowing it up like trades of Eberle for Strome, Hall for Larsson, the Barzal pick for Griffin Reinhart etc. and creating a roster that looks like THAT

versus sitting on your hands and doing almost nothing to a roster like THAT 

Patience might work out in the long run, but with McDavid's own wearing thin, this has to be a terrifying time for an Oilers fan. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's like two different kinds of bad.

Loading your team up with Lucic deals, and blowing it up like trades of Eberle for Strome, Hall for Larsson, the Barzal pick for Griffin Reinhart etc. and creating a roster that looks like THAT

versus sitting on your hands and doing almost nothing to a roster like THAT

Patience might work out in the long run, but with McDavid's own wearing thin, this has to be a terrifying time for an Oilers fan. 

Well, in fairness, heard somewhere a while back, you have to watch 'em in person for a year to know what you've got. ?

The GM that said that FINALLY seems on the right track.  So, sadly, maybe there's hope for Holland

25 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

How long before McDavid asks for a trade?  6 Months? A Year? 

Crap how long before Eichel is doing the same? 

We're in a much better position than the Oilers in every aspect of an organization/franchise

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Nope. Another 2 left wings. I suppose Namestnikov could still be considered a center but again, we don't need a 3rd line center. 

Wouldn’t be my target for sure, but as long our centre depth chart remains Eichel/Mittelstadt/Larsson/Sobotka I’m interested.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

Wouldn’t be my target for sure, but as long our centre depth chart remains Eichel/Mittelstadt/Larsson/Sobotka I’m interested.

Is Namestnikov more of a centre than Johansson is? Actually asking. 

I like the look of Eichel/Johansson/Rodrigues/Larsson a lot better than the group you listed. 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Is Namestnikov more of a centre than Johansson is? Actually asking. 

I like the look of Eichel/Johansson/Rodrigues/Larsson a lot better than the group you listed. 

In my head they both started at centre, MJ has been away from it longer. 

I like that centre group better too because I’d rather play Risto at centre than watch Sobotka, but neither of your middle guys are natural centres. 

I don’t think he’s the answer either, but Asplund is the natural centre being constantly overlooked here. He was scoring at around a 60-point pace in the 2nd half against Rochester as a 21-year-old AHL rookie, which is pretty impressive, especially for a defence-first guy. i think he gets called up at some point this season and never goes back down, making Larsson or Girgensons trade bait in the process.

27 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

JUST what we need.  Another GM with Pittsburgh & Carolina ties.  <_<

The cost for ALL players Botterill has his eyes on just went up.

Of course, should the Sabres hang onto Sheary 2 more years, we might have just found a player for Seattle to covet. :p