Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

7 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I would assume most of Canada wants the Raptors to win. I would also hope that every American hockey player loves nothing more than to perpetually anger Canadians. Jack represents the United States in hockey, who will always play second fiddle to Canada. Why just hate Toronto when you can hate them all? I’ve got no issue with it. Not to mention anyone familiar with barstool knows everything is over-the-top. 

That's all fine. I can only speak for myself, it rubbed me the wrong way. His "likes" on Twitter are extremely few and far between, so it stands out. 

I'm a Canadian, and a Raptors fan, and it's apparently open season on both of those today so, I'm more touchy on it than I normally would be. 

Just now, Thorny said:

That's all fine. I can only speak for myself, it rubbed me the wrong way. His "likes" on Twitter are extremely few and far between, so it stands out. 

I'm a Canadian, and a Raptors fan, and it's apparently open season on both of those today so, I'm more touchy on it than I normally would be. 

I would see it a little different if he didn’t have international experience, but for the majority of his hockey career his greatest rival was the country of Canada. I’m sure he’s faced plenty of vitriol that he could cite that fuels that take. I can see how it would rub the wrong way though. 

12 hours ago, Thorny said:

Jack can suck a lemon.   Go Raptors, and feast my Canadian friends!

“And when he opened the Eighth Seal, he saw the device, and the thumbs, and men had lost their minds in 140 characters ...”

• Like (+1) 2

I remember in the Tim Murray search a lot of us wanted Fenton, and we could never figure out why a guy with so much experience kept getting passed on. Well, looks like we're getting our answer, just thank god it's not with us

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

I remember in the Tim Murray search a lot of us wanted Fenton, and we could never figure out why a guy with so much experience kept getting passed on. Well, looks like we're getting our answer, just thank god it's not with us

I was calling for Fenton for a while. He looks to be in over his head, as they say.

14 hours ago, shrader said:

Is that what it is?  All I saw was a screen shot with a partial link.

That's what I saw, as well.

Every time someone posts a tweet, I feel like everyone on the planet just got a little dumber.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You've chosen wisely, then.

Yep, never understood Twitter, wish I would've invented it though. 

I just don't understand why people are so interested in other people's lives, hell I could have an epic account with the traveling I do, but I'll never be on it, maybe it's just the age generation for me 

7 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I just don't understand why people are so interested in other people's lives, hell I could have an epic account with the traveling I do, but I'll never be on it, maybe it's just the age generation for me 

It's all in how you use it. There's no rule stating it has to be used to track other people's lives. For instance, I use it to follow researchers from my previous field so I can stay (relatively) up to date without needing to dive into academic journals. 

8 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Look, you'd be a YouTube star if you wanted to be.  You have the personality, the appearance, and the travel.  You are genuinely interesting and people would sign up to see your travels around the world, etc.

You'd be marketing yourself on twitter and engaging fans that way.

My guess is that with a little production crew you could probably get yourself to a comfy $200-$350k per year for awhile.  It'd take a bit, but you could do it.

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It's all in how you use it. There's no rule stating it has to be used to track other people's lives. For instance, I use it to follow researchers from my previous field so I can stay (relatively) up to date without needing to dive into academic journals. 

I tried it once for that very purpose ... to keep up with business contacts that use it regularly.

It was great at first, but then I was inundated with crap and ads and junk.  I can't figure out how that happened.  

And once you sign up they have you right where they want you.  I deleted my account and they said it would take 90 days to complete the delete and all the while we will inundate you with more junk trying to pull you back in.  Well, it has been almost 2 years now and they are still reminding me almost daily how easy it is to reactivate my account and how I can become a 'twitter pro'.

8 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I can see the good productive reasons why twitter, instagram and Facebook are good tools to use.

I’m not on twitter either.

But I also see the overwhelmingly  narcissistic, egocentric, and myopic behavior the majority of users seem to use it for. Same goes for Instagram and to a degree, Facebook.

i hope I’m not offending anyone by stating my opinion on that.

Edited by Zamboni

5 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I tried it once for that very purpose ... to keep up with business contacts that use it regularly.

It was great at first, but then I was inundated with crap and ads and junk.  I can't figure out how that happened.  

And once you sign up they have you right where they want you.  I deleted my account and they said it would take 90 days to complete the delete and all the while we will inundate you with more junk trying to pull you back in.  Well, it has been almost 2 years now and they are still reminding me almost daily how easy it is to reactivate my account and how I can become a 'twitter pro'.

Wouldn't surprise me if this happened around the time it went public. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I can see the good productive reasons why twitter, instagram and Facebook are good tools to use.

I’m not on twitter either.

But I also see the overwhelmingly  narcissistic, egocentric, and myopic behavior the majority of users seem to use it for. Same goes for Instagram and to a degree, Facebook.

i hope I’m not offending anyone by stating my opinion on that.

Like most things, they have their uses, but then it gets bastardized beyond recognition by the masses.

18 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

But it's so easy to avoid that bastardization unless you're the one putting content out. 

Yeah, it's definitely very easy.  If it wasn't for the cut and pasted stuff, I would never see anything from twitter.  People want to use it, that's fine, but it's something I have no interest in.  So I'm like swamp, the syntax throws me of when I do see conversations.

The one thing that absolutely drives me mad about twitter though?  It's when entire articles are posted online that recap twitter discussions.  How on earth do people get paid to do that?  He said this, then she said that.  He bounced back with this... It's modern day plagarism.

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Look, you'd be a YouTube star if you wanted to be.  You have the personality, the appearance, and the travel.  You are genuinely interesting and people would sign up to see your travels around the world, etc.

My guess is that with a little production crew you could probably get yourself to a comfy $200-$350k per year for awhile.  It'd take a bit, but you could do it.

I feel that many people travel these days, even more than me and that ship has sailed, it's crossed my mind, but I just don't have the work in me for anything like that these days. 

Are people really making that much money?!? That's way more than I make, damn 

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I feel that many people travel these days, even more than me and that ship has sailed, it's crossed my mind, but I just don't have the work in me for anything like that these days. 

Are people really making that much money?!? That's way more than I make, damn 

3 hours ago, LTS said:

fixed