Final Roster Cuts

Brawndo

42 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

My guess, Lazar is the guy who sits in the press box, practices with the team and plays if injuries permit. Like Hunwick last year, he is a veterans that hangs around. 

Always good to have a guy around that works hard and will do anything to stay in the league. 

Why not Wilson? I think they viewed Lazar as someone to be a top line player and leader in Rochester. He’s either going to play in Buffalo or get waived. 

Just now, Zamboni said:

Boom

Surprised about Thomson other than that not too surprised about anything. 

I have a feeling the Thompson thing is mostly just a compliance move for the start of the regular season.

I kinda expect him back here by the end of October once Botterill makes some other moves after the season starts.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Gilmour made it over Nelson, interesting.

I thought he looked good so I guess I'm not too surprised.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Does the AHL not do IR?

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He must be ready.  They couldn't send him down otherwise.

You can't waive an injured player correct? 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Also, what were the logistics of waiving Okposo? Because he probably should have been waived, eh? I counted fifty Sabre forwards better than him this training camp

I think Thompson looked better than Okposo. He was at least more impactful. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Also, what were the logistics of waiving Okposo? Because he probably should have been waived, eh? I counted fifty Sabre forwards better than him this training camp

I think they're waiting to see what their cap situation ends up being if some trades get made over the next week or so. If they need to waive Okposo to fit a new player in his spot and free up a small amount of cap then they might do it. But maybe they want to try to move him instead of waive him?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

You can't waive an injured player correct? 

I think Thompson looked better than Okposo. He was at least more impactful. 

He was so much better than Kyle. Everyone was, even Sobotka. 

Just now, darksabre said:

I think they're waiting to see what their cap situation ends up being if some trades get made over the next week or so. If they need to waive Okposo to fit a new player in his spot and free up a small amount of cap then they might do it. But maybe they want to try to move him instead of waive him?

So they'd actually save some small amount of cap dollars?

Is the only REAL thing preventing it, then, the fact that he's a vet and a good soldier and all of the misfortune surrounding his situation?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.