Final Roster Cuts

Brawndo

Listening to Ralph’s post-game last night it doesn’t sound like Casey Mittelstadt’s roster spot is guaranteed.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/ralph-krueger-postgame-92819/t-277437090/c-69208903

They start talking about Casey about 60 seconds in. Maybe @... is on to something.

Edited by dudacek

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Listening to Ralph’s post-game last night it doesn’t sound like Casey Mittelstadt’s roster spot is guaranteed.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/ralph-krueger-postgame-92819/t-277437090/c-69208903

They start talking about Casey about 60 seconds in. Maybe @... is on to something.

Great interview and the one from this morning. He sure loves Zimgus! 

They are all at the Bills game today 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

Counting Sheary and McCabe we are five players over the roster limit.

I feel pretty safe saying cuts will be at least three of Wilson, Asplund, Elie and Lazar, along with Jokiharju or Gilmour or both.

Nelson a lock for you? I think if they keep 8 he will be, being a right shot. But if they only keep 7, could see both Joki and Gilmour making it and Nelson going down.

Basically, it's Dahlin, McCabe, Scandella on the left, Miller, Ristolainen on the right. I think at least one of Joki and Nelson has to make it, then either the one who doesn't make the top 6 or Gilmour will make it as #7. There are 8 d-men here so all of Nelson, Jokiharju, and Gilmour could make it, actually. Can't see a scenario where both Jokijarju and Gilmour get sent down as that leaves us with only 6 dmen. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Looking at the roster, if they keep 8 d-men, 5 forwards will need to be sent down. If they keep 7 d-men, 4 forwards will have to be send down. 

Asplund and Elie are gone. 

So, 2/3 of Girgensons, Larsson, Lazar, Sobotka, Thompson, Wilson will need to go. 

Should be cut: Lazar, Sobotka, Wilson

My guess for who will be: Lazar, Wilson, Thompson

- - - 

Roster on their website has 34 players. One is UPL, so they need to remove 10. Borgen is already gone. So that leaves 9. 4 D are headed to IR/injured. 

So we are looking at 5 cuts. 5 forwards, or 4 forwards and 1 D. 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Elie and Wilson are definitely going down.  Because they don't need to clear waivers, expect Jokiharju and Thompson also go down (though Tage played well enough to stay). 

W/ IR, thought that gets them to 23 (along w/ Asplund going down).

I think Tage is staying.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

Who goes down in his place?  It ain't gonna be Sobotka.

Right. That's what I want, but don't think it's going to happen. Thompson goes down, unless they only keep 7 D. In which case, Nelson, Gilmour, or Jokijarju could go down and Thompson could stay, hypothetically. 

Or, Sheary could find himself on IR. 

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Mitts may go down?

He's done more for the eye test, and his underlying numbers have been better than Sobotka's this preseason. He's fine in a 3C role. 

On a side note, I'd wager his mitts in the shootout would actually represent a more meaningful addition to this team, points in the standings wise, than Sobotka's marginal face-off improvements would. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.