Does Ralph Krueger remind you of a certain someone?

PASabreFan

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Even if the Sabres were average or good, it's just statistically not likely that you could choose a four year stretch that would entail a cup win! It's the reality of a large league, without saying anything of the Sabres' competence. 

Sure. But I'm not going to waste any time celebrating a bunch of second place finishes like people do with the Bills. 

16 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Sure. But I'm not going to waste any time celebrating a bunch of second place finishes like people do with the Bills. 

I read TBD a lot,  and I never see it celebrated without a heavy dose of hollowness because they never finished the job. I see far more discussions about how painful it was that Marv let them party all week before 25 and stay so unfocused than I do talk about how awesome and great everything was 

The frustration and pain is far more prevalent in any Super Bowl team discussion there than how epic things were 

32 minutes ago, darksabre said:

So you never celebrate anything about the French Connection years at all? The Hasek years? 

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

6 hours ago, darksabre said:

Or could just win a cup without all that nonsense...

I mean, I'd rather have 4 consecutive cup losses and then a win, rather than 4 consecutive non-playoffs/earlier playoff exits followed by a cup win. 

If we are going to lose, the further we make it, the better, in my view. I'm with Flagg that I take the 4 straight losses in the final scenario if it's offered right now, because it is likely to represent significantly more success than what will happen in actuality, realistically. 

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I mean, I'd rather have 4 consecutive cup losses and then a win, rather than 4 consecutive non-playoffs/earlier playoff exits followed by a cup win. 

If we are going to lose, the further we make it, the better, in my view. I'm with Flagg that I take the 4 straight losses in the final scenario if it's offered right now, because it is likely to represent significantly more success than what will happen in actuality, realistically. 

Y'all are masochists. 

12 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Y'all are masochists. 

It's a mark of the dreariness and numbness of the recent Sabres that I'd welcome the emotion that comes along with playoff heartbreak, to be sure. 

They say indifference is more harmful than hatred, in the end, right?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.