Does Ralph Krueger remind you of a certain someone?

PASabreFan

Literate intellectuals who got a second shot at coaching at the highest level at about age 60, "players coaches" inheriting woebegone, playoff-starved franchises that had gone to the bottom in recent seasons but had also stockpiled franchise players on offense and number one picks on defense.

Right down to the gray hair and the foreign coaching experience, are Marv Levy and Ralph Krueger Buffalo coaching dopplegangers?

Can Ralph sing, that's the question.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, darksabre said:

No. I wouldn't. Coming in second four times in a row is nothing to celebrate. 

That was an absolutely amazing run.  It is worth celebrating.  And the forking Cheatriots need to be stopped to make sure we're the only ones ever to get there 4 times in a row.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

...which is twice as much in 4 seasons as the Sabres have accomplished in 48 seasons. Following your team through a season that ends in a deep playoff run is always more fun than - say - following your team that annually plays for draft lottery picks.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Marchand'sNose said:

...which is twice as much in 4 seasons as the Sabres have accomplished in 48 seasons. Following your team through a season that ends in a deep playoff run is always more fun than - say - following your team that annually plays for draft lottery picks.

And, yes, the Sabres are looking at a 9th consecutive playoff miss.  But prior to that, they'd missed about 9 times ever including 3 of their 1st 4 years of existence.  Which puts the Bills futility streak to start the new century roughly with the Sabres entire futility history. 

And the Sabres historic winning percentage is still well above 0.500 by a wide margin.  Should the Bills go on a Cheatriots run, they might finally have more W's than L's.

8 hours ago, darksabre said:

I don’t know.  I have a heart and mind full of four years of euphoric memories to believe the Super Bowl disappointments outweigh them.  Life’s the journey as much as it is the destination.  Those maddening goofballs were my boys.

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

I don’t know.  I have a heart and mind full of four years of euphoric memories to believe the Super Bowl disappointments outweigh them.  Life’s the journey as much as it is the destination.  Those maddening goofballs were my boys.

And they might have won something if Marv had been a better coach.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Sure. And I'm only saying that that doesn't exactly excite me at all.

It would unequivocally be the best stretch of hockey in Sabres history though. Considering what our next four years are simply statistically likely to be (not four straight cup finalists) I'd take that so fast you can't even blink. We'd come out of it with Jack and Dahlin still under 27, we'd get our cup win with them. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It would unequivocally be the best stretch of hockey in Sabres history though. Considering what our next four years are simply statistically likely to be (not four straight cup finalists) I'd take that so fast you can't even blink. We'd come out of it with Jack and Dahlin still under 27, we'd get our cup win with them. 

Or could just win a cup without all that nonsense...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.