Preseason Finale - Sabres @ Penguins - 4PMEastern MSG WGR

Taro T

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

If it comes down to Tage versus Lazar making the roster, Tage will be on that line.

It really depends on how Krueger wants to use that line.  If he wants to use it like a true shutdown line against the other team's top line, then Lazar will be there.

If he wants to use it more as a shutdown the other team's 2nd line when possible or just run it occasionally to have your top 2 PKers in the lineup and a key cog of the 2nd PP unit, the Thompson 's in.

Just got to watch the game. Passing sticks out to me the most. During the dark ages (tank) they always banked it off the boards after getting control in the O-Zone. Now we have guys who show patience and can actually aim a pass. 

The Tanev hit late in the second could’ve been bad. Both got lucky.

Guys are moving their feet on the PP. instead of waiting for something to develop they are trying to draw their box out. 

KO needs a bigger net to shoot at.   

Edited by SABRES 0311
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I'm going to nominate "take asvantage of" (or maybe "take assvantage of") as a new Sabrespace expression.

I had one locked and loaded, but I couldn't use it. Had Rasmus Asplund scored, I was going to write, "As far as the state of New York is concerned, you ARE the Asplund!"

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

This was probably the best pre-season game I've ever watched. If they come out in regular season and show this level of togetherness, hard work and smart hockey, this game will have been a sign of things to come. 

I hope it was not just a blip 

Agreed.  I liked the compete level.  

Was it because they're fighting for roster spots? 

Or does Kruger have them buying in?

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

This was probably the best pre-season game I've ever watched. If they come out in regular season and show this level of togetherness, hard work and smart hockey, this game will have been a sign of things to come. 

I hope it was not just a blip 

I think it's just really easy to forget about past preseason games haha. Didn't we blow the leafs out with an epic Eichel goal in preseason 2015? 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think it's just really easy to forget about past preseason games haha. Didn't we blow the leafs out with an epic Eichel goal in preseason 2015? 

Just my impression. Pitt played their stars (who got frustrated)  and we really didn't. I expected them to blow us out but we won. Had Jack played I might not have thought the game was worth considering as a sign of improvement. But our B line guys looked like a team, that's our foundation. 

Now if the stars get their butt kicked on Thursday I say,  never mind....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.