Laine Gets His Deal from Winnipeg

WildCard

Just now, jsb said:

Did you actually beat @Brawndo or is he just playing nice with you again??

Haha I beat him to the rumor but he he beat me to the deal and put it in the speculation thread. We've been waiting all summer for this, and with how much it could involve a Risto deal I figured a separate thread outta do

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So do they need to trade someone to fit Connor?

This is where all the problems come in.  The cap implications.  Buffalo is right up against the cap, along with 80 percent plus of the league.  Buffalo can’t take salary back to sweeten any deal.

Laine won't be traded.

6.75m is a bit rich if you compare it to Point but he is on his way to camp on a two year show me deal.

I have no complaints about the deal...

6m for first year and 7.5m for the 2nd and no signing bonuses.

We have enough to sign Connor.

About 16m left and Buff's AAV is 7.6m.

I am guessing 6 x 6.5-6.875m for Connor.

Edited by Ducky

53 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Laine won't be traded.

6.75m is a bit rich if you compare it to Point but he is on his way to camp on a two year show me deal.

I have no complaints about the deal...

6m for first year and 7.5m for the 2nd and no signing bonuses.

We have enough to sign Connor.

About 16m left and Buff's AAV is 7.6m.

I am guessing 6 x 6.5-6.875m for Connor.

Agree, from hearing Chipman talk about the signing. At least until he's due for another contract, I'd say. 

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Nah, if he performs like everyone expects, his next deal will be huge and the Jets will pay.

I said at least. Ultimately he probably stays, but..

There's hardly any kind of consensus on what to expect from Laine. If there was, a long term deal wouldn't have been a complete non-starter from the get go. 

Edited by Thorny

15 minutes ago, Ducky said:

They don't have the capspace for a long term deal with him if they expect to sign KC.

You know there's more to it than that, it's been reported on thoroughly. The Jets had no interest in committing to Laine long term at this time at an amount close to what Laine would have agreed to. It's a prove it deal. 

Similar to Reinhart's, (cost notwithstanding) though I think the caution was warranted in Laine's situation. 

Anyways, I still think he finds a way to round out his game at least a little bit, and if he doesn't score all his goals in one month going forward, he should get his goals and then like you say the $.

Edited by Thorny

On 9/27/2019 at 1:49 PM, jsb said:

Did you actually beat @Brawndo or is he just playing nice with you again??

On 9/27/2019 at 1:50 PM, WildCard said:

Haha I beat him to the rumor but he he beat me to the deal and put it in the speculation thread. We've been waiting all summer for this, and with how much it could involve a Risto deal I figured a separate thread outta do

high five the office GIF

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.