Victor Olofsson: How good can he be?

dudacek

It looks like he is being given a great opportunity on the top line. I think 25-30 is within reach if he stays there.

His 30 in the AHL are against weaker competition, but he did not have a guy like Jack feeding him either. The Sabres PP will be improved and VO’s skills will be a part of it.

15 hours ago, dudacek said:

Every in-depth thing I’ve read or watched about Sabres prospects leads me to believe their staff is in constant contact with their prospects and actively involved in their development on and off the ice.

I'm not sure Sabres organization trainers were on the training staffs of the teams he played for in the SHL.

On 9/28/2019 at 12:46 AM, nfreeman said:

I think there's a more-than-negligible chance that he stays on the top line for the bulk of the season and scores over 25 goals.

For a 2014 7th-round pick in his 1st NHL season, that would be freaking fantastic.

When is the last time we scored big on a late round pick? 1999 with Miller? Heck, when is the last time we successfully drafted outside of the first two rounds? We are so unbelievably overdue for this... However, this deeply cynical Sabres fan refuses to get excited about any highly touted prospect anymore until proven on the ice for at least a full season. I'm completey done with the prospect hype machine that is constantly running in order to generate any excitement for this otherwise completely garbage franchise. Still waiting on Mittelstadt to stop playing Fortnite and work on obtaining his first career pushup.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Marchand'sNose said:

When is the last time we scored big on a late round pick? 1999 with Miller? Heck, when is the last time we successfully drafted outside of the first two rounds? We are so unbelievably overdue for this... However, this deeply cynical Sabres fan refuses to get excited about any highly touted prospect anymore until proven on the ice for at least a full season. I'm completey done with the prospect hype machine that is constantly running in order to generate any excitement for this otherwise completely garbage franchise. Still waiting on Mittelstadt to stop playing Fortnite and work on obtaining his first career pushup.

I understand this take. Once bitten twice shy. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.