Sabres Lines September 26th

Brawndo

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Everything about that lineup except for line 1 makes me angry. 

2 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

I'm hoping he's just trying erod and okposo together and just needed a body... Even if it's a dried up corpse

SO put Thompson up there. This talk of earning your spot looks like bs. 

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Girgensons-Larsson-Lazar could actually be the real 4th line.

Expecting they want to see Sheary today w/ Vesey & Mittelstadt & then tomorrow Rodrigues ends up with those 2 & Sheary works with Skinner & Johansson.

Is Cozens rotating in on a line or has he been sent back to Lethbridge?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Expecting they want to see Sheary today w/ Vesey & Mittelstadt & then tomorrow Rodrigues ends up with those 2 & Sheary works with Skinner & Johansson.

Sent back 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

I'm hoping he's just trying erod and okposo together and just needed a body... Even if it's a dried up corpse

something ... something ... left faceoff dot ... something ... something

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Seems he is on that slow train to Alberta, Canada.

36 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

What is sobotka doing on the second line?!?!?!?!?

Ralph talked about making sure there was a defensive and an offensive presence on each line. He’s also checking out ERod as a 4th line centre.

Like the post below suggests, he’s got a skeleton in place and he’s trying to see where the other pieces best fit.

15 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

So... The lines are looking like

Vo-Eichel-Samson

Skinner-Mojo-XXX

XXX-mitts-XXX

girgs-Larsson-Lazar

XXX= Erod/Vesey/Sheary/Okposo/Sobotka/Thompson

I would add another XXX to Lazar’s spot. Also not sure that Girgs and Larry or locks, but it’s either that, or they’re already written off, because they’ve been lineup afterthoughts.

And Thompson has also seemed to be an afterthought, despite what appears to be a good camp.

I also believe that the starting lineup will be a starting point and the guys that get sent down might be back up in a hurry if the guys that are kept don’t get it done.

Edited by dudacek

5 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

That makes it easy No Okposo, No Sobotka IMO. Watched last night for the first time, and I came away with those 2 have NO upside. They are what they are. Now does Ralph agree?

Upside?  They are grown ass men skating what should be their final shifts in the NHL.  I'm pretty sure they ain't getting better. 

13 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

So... The lines are looking like

Vo-Eichel-Samson

Skinner-Mojo-XXX

XXX-mitts-XXX

girgs-Larsson-Lazar

XXX= Erod/Vesey/Sheary/Okposo/Sobotka/Thompson

Yes.  Though Lazar may still be an XXX as well.  (Let's see who's in that spot tomorrow.)

And how long till we hear the rallying cries of "Reinhart MUST run his own line" and "Skinner & Eichel must be a line or a $9MM player is being wasted?" ?

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Don't recall him having any scoring chances yesterday.  Mittelstadt missed one (though not totally wide open); maybe you saw the 7 & made an assumption?

It was him or Okposo I thought. On the left side. Maybe I just am remembering wrong and it was Mitts. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

It was him or Okposo I thought. On the left side. Maybe I just am remembering wrong and it was Mitts. 

Midway through the 2nd Okposo totally #### the bed alone at the side on a nice play from Mittelstadt to Vesey in front across to the aforementioned wide open Okposo. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Midway through the 2nd Okposo totally #### the bed alone at the side on a nice play from Mittelstadt to Vesey in front across to the aforementioned wide open Okposo. 

That was it then. I just remember a whiff and thinking oh man that guy. 

2 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Dunno, what number were you wearing? ?

I'll get my coat.

lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.