GDT: Toronto at Buffalo, 9/21/19 7pm, MSG WGR

Andrew Amerk

Some very encouraging signs in this one.

Reinhart played fantastic. If he starts the season like that we won't get that slow start this year for sure.  Power play showed signs of possible life compared to last year's debacle. I like the idea of making Risto into more of a defender, use his meanness, and that might just make the Rasmus and Rasmus pairing work.

Miller impresses me. Good pick up. Solid play. Nice to see D men playing D and not Housley hockey.

I see some definite hope here. 

Ullmark (from what I've seen) looks to be the better starter, but this team could be a lot better than last years. Good enough? Dunno, but definitely better. 

Always nice to beat the Leafs, even if it doesn't count. 

• Like (+1) 1

Reinhart:  Great game.

VO:  Ready to play with the big boys.

Vesey:  Solid effort; I like him better than I thought I would.

Jack:  Constantly driving play.

Miller:  Booming shot, good D.

And the whole team:  There were several times where they made line changes while keeping TO hemmed into their zone.  How long has it been since we did that?

• Like (+1) 2

I would just as soon cancel the last two games and bubble wrap everyone. 

This is how I'd do the lines based on what we've seen:
Skinner - Eichel - ugh somebody more reliable on the wall than who's left, but I guess it has to be Sheary
Olofsson - Johansson - Reinhart
Vesey - Mitts - Rodrigues
Zemgus - Larry - Lazar

The Swedish connection was putting on offensive zone displays that I haven't seen from the Sabres in years, with their off-puck movement and passing plays.

Also, Scandella hasn't shown anything to indicate we won't get more of the same this year. When everyone is healthy I'm not sure he's a top 8 defenseman on this team.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.