GDT: Buffalo at Toronto, 7pm 9/20/19, MSG WGR

Andrew Amerk

Just now, darksabre said:

It's nice to see someone doing it without needing to be told.

I’ll be crucified for this, but I believe Cozens is the reason Botterill doesn’t feel any desperation to spend assets on a 2C. 

He won’t fill that role this year, but moving forward he might be the answer 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

I’ll be crucified for this, but I believe Cozens is the reason Botterill doesn’t feel any desperation to spend assets on a 2C. 

You might be right about this. I'd like to see him stay and play 4th line this year (to start). 

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

You might be right about this. I'd like to see him stay and play 4th line this year (to start). 

What is the point of keeping a player up here to play 6 minutes a night? He is NEVER going to develop like that. If he is a top 6 forward then you send him down until you can give him top 6 minutes and he has earned those minutes.

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Is it wrong to have liked Lazar's game so far? He was the butt of a lot of jokes in Ottawa. 

I haven’t seen any reason yet why he can’t fill a Larsson/Girgensons role with similar effectiveness. His game seems to have the same strengths and weaknesses.

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

And I’ll be crucified for not jumping off the Casey bandwagon yet, but I will be surprised if one of those two doesn’t evolve into a good 2C. Unfortunately, you’re right, it won’t be this year. But it is a reason for caution about overspending when we’re shopping.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Lazar has looked good tonight, so far. 

Cozens looks well ahead of schedule. 

Tage seems improved 

Agreed on all points.

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I won't shoot the messenger, but if that is Botterill's thinking, he probably won't be employed long enough to reap the benefits even if he's right. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.