Phase II Training Camp Lines

Brawndo

35 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I think there’s zero chance Sheary, Sobotka, ..., Okposo, Thompson and Mitts get sent to Roch. So, to me, this isn’t a “bubble team” tonight or at risk of getting sent to Roch if they have a bad game or two for those players.  

I think a majority of those players make the team.

I also think they are among the worst players on a disappointing roster last year and should - If Ralph and Jason are serious about a meritocracy - be at risk.

Jack, Jeff, Sam, Marcus and Vesey get five of the forward spots, leaving 8-9 up for grabs.

Sheary, Okposo, Sobotka, Mittelstadt, Thompson, Larsson, Girgensons are the incumbents.

Are you saying the team has already decided only one of Ruotsalainen, Olofsson, Smith, Asplund, Lazar, Wilson Elie and Cozens are making the team?

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I also think they are among the worst players on a disappointing roster last year and should - If Ralph and Jason are serious about a meritocracy - be at risk.

Jack, Jeff, Sam, Marcus and Vesey get five of the forward spots, leaving 8-9 up for grabs.

Sheary, Okposo, Sobotka, Mittelstadt, Thompson, Larsson, Girgensons are the incumbents.

Are you saying the team has already decided only one of Ruotsalainen, Olofsson, Smith, Asplund, Lazar, Wilson Elie and Cozens are making the team?

If they are dumb. We'll start to find out Sunday.

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think these two should make the team , Cozens I haven't seen him play so far but I think they will send him down.  Ruotsolainen could be on line 4 for sure.

I'd start like this.

Skinner - Eichel  - Cozens

Olofson - Asplund - Reinhart

Vesey - Casey - Johansson

E-Rod  - Larsson - Ruotsolainen / Okposo

Girgensons.

Edited by Huckleberry

Remember, JBotts has already been involved in the purging of Matt Moulson from the system, who had more cachet than Sobotka, and probably (?) wasn't any worse.

I'm an optimist, so I firmly believe his hiring of Krueger was contingent on Krueger being willing to get rid of under-performing vets.

(If not, they should both be fired immediately ? )

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I think these two should make the team , Cozens I haven't seen him play so far but I think they will send him down.  Ruotsolainen could be on line 4 for sure.

I'd start like this.

Skinner - Eichel  - Cozens

Olofson - Asplund - Reinhart

Vesey - Casey - Johansson

E-Rod  - Larsson - Ruotsolainen / Okposo

Girgensons.

Sheary?

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

If all (or even most) of those incumbents are on the team then this team cannot win, will not win, and I'd think management probably would know that and wants yet another high draft pick and their plan is even longer term than we thought. I can only speak for myself, but if that's the roster, my optimism will go out the window along with my interest.

Having said that I do however, expect a few veterans to perform a little better under Kreuger, specifically Scandella and Sobodka. Maybe they won't, but I think Scandella didn't fit Housley's system and lost his game trying to play it and Sobodka is a role player who also didn't fit that style (and so he kind of just gave up). Will Kreuger find a proper role for him? Wait and see. If not, try to trade him for a bag of pucks. 

Edited by PerreaultForever

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.