Sabres: number 2 young core

dudacek

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The Athletic’s Corey Pronman says we have the second-best group of 23-and-under players in the NHL.

https://theathletic.com/1220133/2019/09/19/pronman-ranking-nhl-teams-by-their-23-and-under-core-2019-20-edition/

Look familiar?

Yes....still can't read it because I don't subscribe, lol.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

The Athletic’s Corey Pronman says we have the second-best group of 23-and-under players in the NHL.

https://theathletic.com/1220133/2019/09/19/pronman-ranking-nhl-teams-by-their-23-and-under-core-2019-20-edition/

Look familiar?

As in how many times in recent history have "experts" said something like this, and it's resulted in bupkis?

1 hour ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Yes....still can't read it because I don't subscribe, lol.

Links to pay sites are a problem here. Not sure what the solution is.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

As in how many times in recent history have "experts" said something like this, and it's resulted in bupkis?

This very same man told us Mitts was a better prospect than Elias Pettersson just last summer

And yes, I agree with Pronman that our young core is number 2, it's quite poopy 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Look familiar?

I like Pronman and this is cause for optimism.   I haven't seen any predictions where the sabres are not a bottom 4 team

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

yes.

And I don’t know what else to do other than post the news and add the link for those who can access it.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Agree on the “experts” comment.

I’ve noticed inconsistency (depending on who posts it), with what copy and paste jobs some posters do. I’ve seen posters copy and paste multi paragraphs right from Athletic and other sites and no one says a thing. And other posters do the same thing, and it’s deleted or they are scolded for doing so. Either allow it all or don’t allow any of it. It’s confusing.

Maybe just don’t say where “you” got the info from ?‍♂️ 

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

We all got excited about Pronman calling Casey the best prospect outside of the NHL last summer, ahead of Elias Pettersson

I doubt we all did. If I thought Casey was better going into last season than Pettersson I lost my mind. That is crazy talk and was. Hence my gif. Pettersson was almost guaranteed the calder even before the season started. 

31 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Agree on the “experts” comment.

I’ve noticed inconsistency (depending on who posts it), with what copy and paste jobs some posters do. I’ve seen posters copy and paste multi paragraphs right from Athletic and other sites and no one says a thing. And other posters do the same thing, and it’s deleted or they are scolded for doing so. Either allow it all or don’t allow any of it. It’s confusing.

Maybe just don’t say where “you” got the info from ?‍♂️ 

Not sure why the whining on this is necessary, but just to be clear:  copying a brief excerpt is OK.  Copying an entire article, or most of it, is not OK.  We don't have a strict word count limit here -- posters are expected to use their better judgment.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/19/2019 at 10:57 AM, PASabreFan said:

Not really a problem for me. I look at it this way....if you want to pay for that subsciption that's up to you and the info you get from it can be used however you feel fit to do so. Personally, if I don't subscribe and miss out on something....my bad and it's on me. I just feel that most of these sites are very little fact and more opinion. I'm not into paying for someone's opinion even if it gets me a slight edge on what's happening. Most of these stories will come out eventually somewhere if their any good, especially when it comes down to hindsight.

On 9/19/2019 at 9:44 AM, LGR4GM said:

Leaf fans in the comments are a little salty. I just need Dahlin to have a breakout year, just to watch their faces melt off:

Dahlin, his awesomeness is too much!

indiana jones GIF

I think his arrival comes in his 4th year.  I've said that all along.

I expect constant improvement along the way and for him to continually look better and better.

But he's still a child and had a lot of rough nights last year mixed in with the really impressive stuff.

His consistency will keep improving.

21 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Watched Pekar play last night, outstanding!

First star, two goals, 20+ minutes, first PK and PP units. He makes something happen every shift, a high energy player.

He will put up good numbers in the OHL this season and be ready for the pro game next year.

Saw Kris Baker mention his game on Twitter.  Made the comment that the CHL game must be slow for him right now after a camp with the big time.

4 hours ago, French Collection said:

Watched Pekar play last night, outstanding!

First star, two goals, 20+ minutes, first PK and PP units. He makes something happen every shift, a high energy player.

He will put up good numbers in the OHL this season and be ready for the pro game next year.

The natural Girgensons/Larsson replacement in a couple years?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

The natural Girgensons/Larsson replacement in a couple years?

Would seem to be.  Along with Davidsson, they have that 4th line (on paper) figured out in 2 more years.  IF they ALL reach their peaks, maybe even the 3rd line (though that's stretching it).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.