Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dudacek

Sabres: number 2 young core

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The Athletic’s Corey Pronman says we have the second-best group of 23-and-under players in the NHL.

https://theathletic.com/1220133/2019/09/19/pronman-ranking-nhl-teams-by-their-23-and-under-core-2019-20-edition/

Look familiar?

Yes....still can't read it because I don't subscribe, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaf fans in the comments are a little salty. I just need Dahlin to have a breakout year, just to watch their faces melt off:

Dahlin, his awesomeness is too much!

indiana jones GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dudacek said:

The Athletic’s Corey Pronman says we have the second-best group of 23-and-under players in the NHL.

https://theathletic.com/1220133/2019/09/19/pronman-ranking-nhl-teams-by-their-23-and-under-core-2019-20-edition/

Look familiar?

As in how many times in recent history have "experts" said something like this, and it's resulted in bupkis?

1 hour ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Yes....still can't read it because I don't subscribe, lol.

Links to pay sites are a problem here. Not sure what the solution is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

As in how many times in recent history have "experts" said something like this, and it's resulted in bupkis?

Links to pay sites are a problem here. Not sure what the solution is.

This very same man told us Mitts was a better prospect than Elias Pettersson just last summer

And yes, I agree with Pronman that our young core is number 2, it's quite poopy 

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This very same man told us Mitts was a better prospect than Elias Pettersson just last summer

Dog What GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dudacek said:

The Athletic’s Corey Pronman says we have the second-best group of 23-and-under players in the NHL.

https://theathletic.com/1220133/2019/09/19/pronman-ranking-nhl-teams-by-their-23-and-under-core-2019-20-edition/

Look familiar?

I like Pronman and this is cause for optimism.   I haven't seen any predictions where the sabres are not a bottom 4 team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

As in how many times in recent history have "experts" said something like this, and it's resulted in bupkis?

Links to pay sites are a problem here. Not sure what the solution is.

yes.

And I don’t know what else to do other than post the news and add the link for those who can access it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Dog What GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

We all got excited about Pronman calling Casey the best prospect outside of the NHL last summer, ahead of Elias Pettersson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Links to pay sites are a problem here. Not sure what the solution is.

It's fine in this thread.  Dudacek put the post link in the opening post and provided enough information to get the discussion going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

As in how many times in recent history have "experts" said something like this, and it's resulted in bupkis?

Links to pay sites are a problem here. Not sure what the solution is.

Agree on the “experts” comment.

I’ve noticed inconsistency (depending on who posts it), with what copy and paste jobs some posters do. I’ve seen posters copy and paste multi paragraphs right from Athletic and other sites and no one says a thing. And other posters do the same thing, and it’s deleted or they are scolded for doing so. Either allow it all or don’t allow any of it. It’s confusing.

Maybe just don’t say where “you” got the info from 🤷‍♂️ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

We all got excited about Pronman calling Casey the best prospect outside of the NHL last summer, ahead of Elias Pettersson

I doubt we all did. If I thought Casey was better going into last season than Pettersson I lost my mind. That is crazy talk and was. Hence my gif. Pettersson was almost guaranteed the calder even before the season started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Agree on the “experts” comment.

I’ve noticed inconsistency (depending on who posts it), with what copy and paste jobs some posters do. I’ve seen posters copy and paste multi paragraphs right from Athletic and other sites and no one says a thing. And other posters do the same thing, and it’s deleted or they are scolded for doing so. Either allow it all or don’t allow any of it. It’s confusing.

Maybe just don’t say where “you” got the info from 🤷‍♂️ 

 

Not sure why the whining on this is necessary, but just to be clear:  copying a brief excerpt is OK.  Copying an entire article, or most of it, is not OK.  We don't have a strict word count limit here -- posters are expected to use their better judgment.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 10:57 AM, PASabreFan said:

As in how many times in recent history have "experts" said something like this, and it's resulted in bupkis?

Links to pay sites are a problem here. Not sure what the solution is.

Not really a problem for me. I look at it this way....if you want to pay for that subsciption that's up to you and the info you get from it can be used however you feel fit to do so. Personally, if I don't subscribe and miss out on something....my bad and it's on me. I just feel that most of these sites are very little fact and more opinion. I'm not into paying for someone's opinion even if it gets me a slight edge on what's happening. Most of these stories will come out eventually somewhere if their any good, especially when it comes down to hindsight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 9:44 AM, LGR4GM said:

Leaf fans in the comments are a little salty. I just need Dahlin to have a breakout year, just to watch their faces melt off:

Dahlin, his awesomeness is too much!

indiana jones GIF

I think his arrival comes in his 4th year.  I've said that all along.

I expect constant improvement along the way and for him to continually look better and better.

But he's still a child and had a lot of rough nights last year mixed in with the really impressive stuff.

His consistency will keep improving.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The average age of this roster is going to drop even more next year when we move on from Bogo (29), Scandella (29), Hunwick (34), Wilson (27), Sobotka (32), and Sheary (27) and replace them with younger and cheaper models.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Pekar play last night, outstanding!

First star, two goals, 20+ minutes, first PK and PP units. He makes something happen every shift, a high energy player.

He will put up good numbers in the OHL this season and be ready for the pro game next year.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Watched Pekar play last night, outstanding!

First star, two goals, 20+ minutes, first PK and PP units. He makes something happen every shift, a high energy player.

He will put up good numbers in the OHL this season and be ready for the pro game next year.

Saw Kris Baker mention his game on Twitter.  Made the comment that the CHL game must be slow for him right now after a camp with the big time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, French Collection said:

Watched Pekar play last night, outstanding!

First star, two goals, 20+ minutes, first PK and PP units. He makes something happen every shift, a high energy player.

He will put up good numbers in the OHL this season and be ready for the pro game next year.

The natural Girgensons/Larsson replacement in a couple years?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

The natural Girgensons/Larsson replacement in a couple years?

Would seem to be.  Along with Davidsson, they have that 4th line (on paper) figured out in 2 more years.  IF they ALL reach their peaks, maybe even the 3rd line (though that's stretching it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

The natural Girgensons/Larsson replacement in a couple years?

At this point I'm not so sure either of them is on this year's roster.

I can see Pekar becoming our Brad Marchant, and we will all love him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...