Brandon Montour Out for Rest of Preseason with a Hand Injury

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Do not look at the D pairings this AM 

I love the idea of Joki and Dahlin together in a couple of years.  I'm not sure putting a 19 and 20 year old out there together in a non-bottom pairing setting is the best idea.  That's really too bad about Montour as I really liked the look of he and Dahlin together late last season.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Right. There's no reason to turn down the trade you want just because Montour will miss a couple weeks. It's not like Montour's career just ended. 

That and you do have about 85 defensemen on the roster.  It wouldn't hurt one of the kids to get a few NHL games under their belt.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Right. There's no reason to turn down the trade you want just because Montour will miss a couple weeks. It's not like Montour's career just ended. 

Yes.  This.  Montour will likely be back by (American) Thanksgiving.  If there's a deal out there to improve the forwards I hope this injury doesn't sway Botts.  We need to upgrade the forward group.  Guys like Borgen are ready to show up and I have faith will tie us over until he returns.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I recall McDavid missing about a month with a busted hand. Maybe 5 weeks. We still have 2 weeks before the first game even happens. If Botterill thought like that he needs to gooooooo

That said, if he was inclined to wait a couple weeks into the start of the season anyway to get teams to be more desperate a la Duchene trade, this probably makes that more likely 

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I recall McDavid missing about a month with a busted hand. Maybe 5 weeks. We still have 2 weeks before the first game even happens. If Botterill thought like that he needs to gooooooo

That said, if he was inclined to wait a couple weeks into the start of the season anyway to get teams to be more desperate a la Duchene trade, this probably makes that more likely 

If a decent upgrade is on the table today you take it.  If not, I'm fine with the bolded approach. 

I'm not trading Risto for a third line forward unless there is already something worked out with another team to utilize the $6 mil cap space for something else.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.