GDT:Buffalo at Columbus. 9/17/19 7pm Streaming at Sabres.com WGR

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I think Mitts needs to develop. Just like it took (and taking) Reinhart years to develop. Just like it took VO. Just like it took (and taking) Ullmark. Just like it took McCabe. I’m not in the least worried about Mitts. He’ll get there.

The complaining about Casey around here by and large shouldn't be taken as a criticism of his long term prospects. No one is denying he'll need development to achieve those heights. The issue is the Sabres are "on the clock" at centre ice, RIGHT NOW

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I think Mitts needs to develop. Just like it took (and taking) Reinhart years to develop. Just like it took VO. Just like it took (and taking) Ullmark. Just like it took McCabe. I’m not in the least worried about Mitts. He’ll get there.

People aren't so much worried about Mitts as they're worried about the position that the Sabres were worst in the league at last season

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's a key point. There's no one for Mittelstadt to take that spot away from. Wasn't one his rookie year, isn't one now. 

We don't know that, because he's never had a true shot since his freshman year.

Also, did James Caan just score a goal?

Just now, MillerVaive said:

Idk if its been talked about here tonight, but any guesses as to why Johansson & Risto havent played the last 2 games?

Are we just looking to see more of our young guys play, or do you think theres a larger reason?

I know its led some people to suggest a trade might be in the works ?

My suspicion is that they are being protected in case there is a trade.

Just now, MillerVaive said:

Idk if its been talked about here tonight, but any guesses as to why Johansson & Risto havent played the last 2 games?

Are we just looking to see more of our young guys play, or do you think theres a larger reason?

Risto, who knows

Johansson is due to him being a vet

It depends what kind of personality you have. Are you one to look into things and try to find hidden reasons and agendas? Or are you one to take things at face value and don’t like assuming.

Those guys are either trade bait, Or JB wants to see more young guys on the ice these first two games.

who knows what the real reason is...

9 minutes ago, MillerVaive said:

there is also this thing about having 52 players in camp and only 40 slots to play them in over the first two games...?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

there is also this thing about having 52 players in camp and only 40 slots to play them in over the first two games...?

Well thats why i wrote in my question: 'are we just looking to see more of our young guys play". Because that for sure would make sense, hence why i suggested it as being a possible reason lol.

But like Brawndo wrote, its not about concussions bcuz others that have had them are playing. Then he said its because we expect more out of Mojo than Okposo & thats why he's not playing. But that seems wrong as well. Could be nothing to it but with Mojo being a fresh addition to our team, you'd think he'd be in there to get some chemistry with his new club.

That would be a pretty obvious thing to do right, in preseason? I suppose if he's not in there for this next game it'll be more of a question as to why he's not in there.

Risto too

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.