GDT:Buffalo at Columbus. 9/17/19 7pm Streaming at Sabres.com WGR

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You will get a good seat on this bus.  Good for you.  It's going to fill up fast.  ?

Wish it weren't so.  I know its just the first preseason game, but I think we all needed to see evidence of continued development.  It's not on display yet.

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

?

Guys, he traded ROR and created that hole over a year ago. Piss away two seasons on the count of "price too high" for a 2C? Good grief. 

This will go down as his defining moment, I am coming to realize.  Nothing he can do will be able to fill the hole that, as you point out, he created.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Weave said:

Wish it weren't so.  I know its just the first preseason game, but I think we all needed to see evidence of continued development.  It's not on display yet.

For me, it was totally conceivable that he could develop into a true NHLer this season after being more of a fringe AHL/NHL guy last year. As much as I have faith in Casey long term, going from a fringe NHL player to 2C quality over a single off season seemed ridiculously unlikely. 

To Flagg's point, how in the frack did Botts think he (or a combination of him and Berglund) was the answer last year? 

I don't understand what's he's doing with the C ice position, other than playing the long, long game. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Fully expect him to be ready for that role, possibly as soon as next season.  Just don't see it for this year and it's why I've been banging the drum for even Rodrigues being used in that role.  (He doesn't have the ceiling of a true #2C, but his floor in that role is higher than Mittelstadt's.)

And really hope he proves me wrong IF they force him into that role.

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Exactly WHO is trading a 2C? He is supposed to trade with Casper?

Make he should trade with Jason Botterill from the past. I hear he's looking to move a Selke-caliber one. 

Call Doctor Strange.

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

Is it a requirement that a goalie wear a NASCAR number to play in Columbus?  We've gone from 70 to 80 now.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Eh, but McCabe doesn't belong in the top 6 &/or is expendable. <_<

You haven't heard that from me.  I thought (and still think) that he is their most reasonably tradeable asset, but I definitely think he belongs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.