GDT:Buffalo at Columbus. 9/17/19 7pm Streaming at Sabres.com WGR

Brawndo

There's not much of this year's Sabres roster on the ice right now, but this group has the same offensive zone problems that plagued us last year. They cannot create or manage ice in the offensive zone against a quicker, more talented roster. Not super worried that it's a sign of things to come simply because of what the roster is tonight, but also would't be surprised to see our team struggle in the same way again this season, given our roster "surgery" or lack thereof 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's not this year's Sabres on the ice tonight, but this group has the same offensive zone problems that plagued us last year. They cannot create or manage ice in the offensive zone against a quicker, more talented roster. Not super worried that it's a sign of things to come simply because of what the roster is tonight, but also would't be surprised to see our team struggle in the same way again this season, given our roster "surgery" or lack thereof 

They  (the AHL guys) were coached in Housley's "system" last year, weren't they?

Edited by Eleven

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's not this year's Sabres on the ice tonight, but this group has the same offensive zone problems that plagued us last year. They cannot create or manage ice in the offensive zone against a quicker, more talented roster. Not super worried that it's a sign of things to come simply because of what the roster is tonight, but also would't be surprised to see our team struggle in the same way again this season, given our roster "surgery" or lack thereof 

I can't help but think that not having Sobotka and Okposo out there would be helpful.

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Not seeing the jump in Casey’s stride I was hoping for. Okposo looks even slower.

Is Casey Mittelstadt a fast skater? Actually asking. I don't see it

2 minutes ago, miles said:

meh, im blacked out tonight. i hope i get to see some preseason games

Try Reddit 

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

Mittlestadt is being given the chance to show that he is a 2C.

I don't think he's up to the task.

How Botterill has watched this roster play hockey since Berglund left and not thought to upgrade the centre ice position has me flabbergasted.

How is this not such a large concern that it had to be addressed? They can't seriously be committed to a winning hockey season with the way the top 6 looks. 

Is the plan to play Reinhart with him all year to lower Sam's next contract?

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

How Botterill has watched this roster play hockey since Berglund left and not thought to upgrade the centre ice position has me flabbergasted.

How is this not such a large concern that it had to be addressed? They can't seriously be committed to a winning hockey season with the way the top 6 looks. 

Nothing says he hasn't tried. The price may just be ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Maybe because centers don't just grow on trees. This isn't EA Sports...you cant just offer a team 3 garbage players for a 2C and they take it...too many people think EA Sports AI is realistic when in all actuality as someone who designs AI, i can tell you its pathetic.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

I highly doubt he hasn’t “thought about it”. He has time still to try to grab someone before I write off this season as “a waste”. Just my O.

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Nothing says he hasn't tried. The price may just be ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe because centers don't just grow on trees. This isn't EA Sports...you cant just offer a team 3 garbage players for a 2C and they take it...

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

I highly doubt he hasn’t “thought about it”. He has time still to try to grab someone before I write off this season as “a waste”. Just my O.

?

Guys, he traded ROR and created that hole over a year ago. Piss away two seasons on the count of "price too high" for a 2C? Good grief. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.