GDT:Buffalo at Columbus. 9/17/19 7pm Streaming at Sabres.com WGR

Brawndo

Okay, so now that I'm over the trauma of the preseason lineup shenanigans, I guess it will be interesting to see those top two lines play.  Also, that top D pairing looks interesting on paper - can't recall if they played together much last season.

What I'm really hoping to see is if RK caught on last night about how low these guys can get when they get low for whatever reason and somehow addresses that.

Sure he's come out and said Risto isn't playing either of the first two but WHY??

Just now, LGR4GM said:

As long as J Johansson isn't starting, we're good. 

Amen. 

Looking more and more like that pick just isn't going to pan out.  First pick in the third round (2014).  It happens.

6 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Sure he's come out and said Risto isn't playing either of the first two but why?

That’s what has me curious.  Are they dinged up?  Showed up out of shape?  Personal reasons?  Afraid of flying?

It may be nothing but having two guys totally sit out the first two games is rather curious.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Weave said:

That’s what has me curious.  Are they dinged up?  Showed up out of shape?  Personal reasons?  Afraid of flying?

It may be nothing but having two guys totally sit out the first two games is rather curious.

I would assume they just don't care to see them on the ice against easier competition in these early games. They want to see them against more veteran lineups later on.

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Maybe they're trolling everyone.

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, ... said:

Okay, so now that I'm over the trauma of the preseason lineup shenanigans, I guess it will be interesting to see those top two lines play.  Also, that top D pairing looks interesting on paper - can't recall if they played together much last season.

What I'm really hoping to see is if RK caught on last night about how low these guys can get when they get low for whatever reason and somehow addresses that.

McCabe and Montour played roughly 66 minutes together last year, mostly the last 4 games. They were on the ice for 4 goals for, 0 goals against.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I would assume they just don't care to see them on the ice against easier competition in these early games. They want to see them against more veteran lineups later on.

We can unleash Risto on Toronto now that Kadri isn't there to make fun of his arithmetic skills

Interested to see the Mitts-Sam duo, Olofsson, and definitely Asplund. Wouldn't it be nice for him to upgrade a Larsson, or even better, a third liner. 

Also watching Ullmark and Borgen.

• Like (+1) 2

Borgen is an interesting one.  I love his potential.  He’s been developing for four full seasons now (three years college and year in roch).  He showed well in roch and his 4 games with Buffalo at the end last year.  To me it’s getting closer to now or never (he’ll be turning 23 in a couple months).   I would love to see him get a nice long look but with the glut of RHD it’s not looking very likely he gets a sniff.  

34 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Borgen is an interesting one.  I love his potential.  He’s been developing for four full seasons now (three years college and year in roch).  He showed well in roch and his 4 games with Buffalo at the end last year.  To me it’s getting closer to now or never (he’ll be turning 23 in a couple months).   I would love to see him get a nice long look but with the glut of RHD it’s not looking very likely he gets a sniff.  

I'm starting to really like our depth on D generally 

The CBJ roster for tonight:

FORWARDS

52 - Emil Bemstrom
28 - Oliver Bjorkstrand
29 - Zac Dalpe
17 - Brandon Dubinsky
22 - Sonny Milano
20 - Riley Nash 
88 - Kole Sherwood
83 - Egor Sokolov
11 - Kevin Stenlund
42 - Alexandre Texier
48 - Calvin Thurkauf
74 - Sam Vigneault

DEFENSE

6 - Adam Clendening
44 - Vladislav Gavrikov
3 - Seth Jones
46 - Dean Kukan
2 - Andrew Peeke
8 - Zach Werenski

GOALTENDERS

70 - Joonas Korpisalo
80 - Matiss Kivlenieks

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.