GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, Sept. 16, 2019, 7pm (at Penn St.), WGR, online stream.

Eleven

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Also, is this Dunleavy?  Whoever it is sounds like he should be calling Cincinnati's game, not an NHL game.  It's awful.  Gurtler-esque.

Yes. I've never liked him. If your not watching and only listening to the game on radio you have no idea what's going.on.

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Joker is a little too aggressive in the neutral zone when there's nobody behind him in this game. He's almost gotten burned a couple times, lucking out each one

Be interesting to see how that translates against an NHL team.

He's been one of the standouts tonight, IMO. Rare combination of quickness and no wasted movement.

2 minutes ago, ... said:

I do like TT placed in front of the net on the PP.

That goal was exactly the kind of mental presence he never showed last year, and he made nice pass through the crease to Skinner on the PP. And he looks stronger. Like how he and Cozens have gone to the net.

Again, hard to tell against an AHL team.

As an aside, what do the Penguins hope to learn from dressing a lineup like this?

50 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

If catching a pass on a break out and handing it off to your defenseman who is somehow skating four times faster than you is a positive, I think you’re attributing too much to highlight reels

I hear what you're saying, but how often did you see the Sabres move the puck through the neutral zone like that last year.

I've been hoping that Johansson and Miller would help with that. Nice to see Vesey can too.

So i was texting my friend telling him how good we've looked so far & he asks: 'are all of Pittsburgh's starters playing?"

Brought me back down to earth just like that ?

I know we don't have Risto out there, but Crosby & Malkin is a big part of their offense not playing. I wish they were out there so it'd be more of a test

4 minutes ago, MillerVaive said:

So i was texting my friend telling him how good we've looked so far & he asks: 'are all of Pittsburgh's starters playing?"

Brought me back down to earth just like that ?

I know we don't have Risto out there, but Crosby & Malkin is a big part of their offense not playing. I wish they were out there so it'd be more of a test

Its hard to take much out of the preseason since most games are half NHL players and half guys that will not be on the team once the year starts. But we have looked far better than they have.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Its hard to take much out of the preseason since most games are half NHL players and half guys that will not be on the team once the year starts. But we have looked far better than they have.

Yea, I have cautious optimism. But in the context of what this is and who we dressed and who they dressed... it’s nice to see us dominating. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.