GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, Sept. 16, 2019, 7pm (at Penn St.), WGR, online stream.

Eleven

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

11-1 shots. 

I feel like teams should coordinate when they play their good players. Can we learn anything from this?

Even though you are playing an NHL roster against scrubs, hockey is such *****ery that it makes you no better on the scoreboard.

Quite Frankly, this is what is frustraitng about the whole sport.  We have Eichel, Dahlin, Reinhart, Skinner, Montour and we'll be lucky to fight for 8th place. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, inkman said:

Even though you are playing an NHL roster against scrubs, hockey is such *****ery that it makes you no better on the scoreboard.

Quite Frankly, this is what is frustraitng about the whole sport.  We have Eichel, Dahlin, Reinhart, Skinner, Montour and we'll be lucky to fight for 8th place. 

And the Pack have Aaron Rodgers perhaps the best thrower of the football technically of all time and are usually pretty bad. Just the nature of the beast, as you know, in large-team sports. 

If there was actually a talent discrepancy this big during the regular season I'm sure the results would bear themselves out, though. 

16-2 shots, it's not a legitimate competition we are seeing tonight ?

Cozens likes to stick handle. He likes to engage physically too and that’s refreshing as a lot of our guys don’t.

Tage controlling the ice out there. He did this in the AHL last year though and looked a different player in NHL. We’ll see. 

Dahlin is so good.  Looks bigger for sure.

Vesey invisible out there so far. 

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

And the Pack have Aaron Rodgers perhaps the best thrower of the football technically of all time and are usually pretty bad. Just the nature of the beast, as you know, in large-team sports. 

If there was actually a talent discrepancy this big during the regular season I'm sure the results would bear themselves out, though. 

16-2 shots, it's not a legitimate competition we are seeing tonight ?

Does this look like "usually bad"? 

QBs in football are the single biggest difference makers in sport. 

2018 6-9-1 3rd -- NFC North -- Mike McCarthy,
Joe Philbin
Roster / Stats
2017 7-9-0 3rd -- NFC North -- Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2016 10-6-0 1st -- NFC North 2-1 - Lost Conference Championship Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2015 10-6-0 2nd -- NFC North 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2014 12-4-0 1st -- NFC North 1-1 - Lost Conference Championship Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2013 8-7-1 1st -- NFC North 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2012 11-5-0 1st -- NFC North 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2011 15-1-0 1st -- NFC North 0-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2010 10-6-0 2nd -- NFC North 4-0 - Won Superbowl Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2009 11-5-0 2nd -- NFC North 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2008 6-10-0  

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Does this look like "usually bad"? 

QBs in football are the single biggest difference makers in sport. 

2018 6-9-1 3rd -- NFC North -- Mike McCarthy,
Joe Philbin
Roster / Stats
2017 7-9-0 3rd -- NFC North -- Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2016 10-6-0 1st -- NFC North 2-1 - Lost Conference Championship Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2015 10-6-0 2nd -- NFC North 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2014 12-4-0 1st -- NFC North 1-1 - Lost Conference Championship Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2013 8-7-1 1st -- NFC North 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2012 11-5-0 1st -- NFC North 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2011 15-1-0 1st -- NFC North 0-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2010 10-6-0 2nd -- NFC North 4-0 - Won Superbowl Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2009 11-5-0 2nd -- NFC North 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Mike McCarthy Roster / Stats
2008 6-10-0  

I'm a Packer fan, believe me I've seen how they've done. 

But yes, they've been pretty bad. Relative to how good they should be given their QB. Which is what I should have said. It's been a very similar story to how it went with Favre after he got his title. 

Don't wanna derail the thread here though. But compare the impact a Lebron can have relative to a Rodgers. 

Edited by Thorny

Thing that jumped out to me was the puck-moving D — quick passes on the money.

That, and the fact that our worst players would probably be on the first line on this Pittsburgh team. Guys like Jokiharju, Thompson, Cozens, Gilmour, Lazar, Nelson and Elie aren't going to be in the starting lineup opening night and have reasonable NHL experience and aspirations.

4 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Vesey invisible out there so far. 

I sure noticed the one-touch pass to spring Gilmour for the first goal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.