GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, Sept. 16, 2019, 7pm (at Penn St.), WGR, online stream.

Eleven

It's hockey season again.  Well, almost.

The game will be streamed locally on sabres.com .

Roster:

Forwards
9 Jack Eichel
13 Jimmy Vesey
22 Johan Larsson
27 Curtis Lazar
28 Zemgus Girgensons
42 Dylan Cozens
43 Conor Sheary
52 Andrew Oglevie
53 Jeff Skinner
71 Evan Rodrigues
72 Tage Thompson
81 Remi Elie

Defense
6 Marco Scandella
8 Casey Nelson
10 Henri Jokiharju
26 Rasmus Dahlin
33 Colin Miller
44 Brandon Hickey
58 John Gilmour

Goaltenders
34 Jonas Johansson
40 Carter Hutton

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I signed up for the nhl.tv package on Thursday and it looks like they will not show the preseason games?

I hope it's not true

29 minutes ago, Derrico said:

If you have centre ice or streaming package it looks to be available as well.

Where do you see that. when I go to the nhl TV its shows video not available 

17 minutes ago, miles said:

I signed up for the nhl.tv package on Thursday and it looks like they will not show the preseason games?

I hope it's not true

Where do you see that. when I go to the nhl TV its shows video not available 

I'll check it again when I get home but it was showing up for me yesterday.  Unless something was changed.  It better be available!!

The Skinner - Erod - Lazar line is intriguing to me. Lazar was most assuredly rushed by Ottawa. I am hoping he can at least provide some solid play from the right side. Honestly he probably ends up in Rochester or as a spare, but I hope he makes it. I always liked him as a prospect. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ... said:

That first line, just...no.  Why are we starting off a new season with thinking like that?  Bummed.

Because Krueger wants to spread his veterans and talent around to make sure everyone is on the same page (that is roughly what he said). He wants to see what they can do together. Why not evaluate them now in the preseason as opposed to during the season? It basically means nothing. 

2 minutes ago, ... said:

Unless Vesey brings something to the game unexpected, that line will get ravaged defensively and on the boards.

Fairly certain Vesey is solid along the boards... he should be. Sheary is the weak link in my mind because he's an offensive passenger. 

5 minutes ago, ... said:

So is Vesey by stats, no?

Pretty sure he was average. There really isn't a good metric for measuring it IMPO. 

The eye test of how Vesey scored or generated compared to Sheary is more of what I am thinking of. Maybe I should go re-watch them both to make sure I feel the same way. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.