What's your favourite hockey number?

steveoath

13... period.

Strangely enough, I wore it and my wife wore it in high school (we did not know each other).  My son wears it, and didn't even know that either of his parents wore it until he picked it himself.  My daughter wears it, but she knew both of us had worn it and saw her brother wearing it.

13...  it's not as popular in hockey as it could be.  But that's my number, and that's that. ?

It's 11, and the reasons are obvious.

I remember Eichel talking about numbers, and referencing a certain number being a "good, low number." Maybe he was talking about 9. I loved that way of putting it - a good, low number.

And there's really something to that. I have a significant background in soccer, and, in that world, I think about how, days gone by and even sometimes nowadays, numbers were issued based on where you ranked in the pecking order and where you played on the field. Thus, Pele' and his coveted "10." Wearing the 10 in soccah means something. As does wearing 2 or 4, etc.

So, it's funny. The "11" would fall outside the footy paradigm (because the keeper is "0" and your last field player forward is 10). I still love 11 -- sufficiently low. And I love its symmetry. And of course I love Bert.

6 hours ago, ubkev said:

7. It's the best number in sports. Dad and both older brothers wore 9. I'd have worn 9 but my buddy swiped it right before I could. Then I chose 7. All Star number from 9 years old til graduation. Doesn't matter what team sport.

Good stuff.

On 9/14/2019 at 4:12 PM, spndnchz said:

6 or 9, or 69. 

today feelings GIF

8 hours ago, LTS said:

13... period.

Strangely enough, I wore it and my wife wore it in high school (we did not know each other).  My son wears it, and didn't even know that either of his parents wore it until he picked it himself.  My daughter wears it, but she knew both of us had worn it and saw her brother wearing it.

13...  it's not as popular in hockey as it could be.  But that's my number, and that's that. ?

Kozlov.  'Nuff said. :p 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.