What's your favourite hockey number?

steveoath

I hear people saying such and such number isn't a good number etc. Or certain nos should be reserved for Fwds or D. 

Anyhoo, what's your favoured number?

Me its Def 26. Two main reasons... Dahlin was a highlight of my first season watching sabres hockey and Matt Beca of the Glasgow Clan who seems to score at each match I get to go to!

2 and 9.  Not favorites but that's always what I got  From squirt through high school.  Didn't really care what number I got.  Seems strange to me to be so attached to a number.  As long as I got to play, I didn't care.

Edited by Tondas

Love this question. 

Growing up, I had two older brothers. We're all mid 50's now. Anyway, we played street hockey all the time. My oldest brother was GP (11), my other bro RM (7) and me, well of course, RR (14).

It was because of this that RR was my favorite Sabre and fave number.

OP, thanks for bringing back very fond memories. Time flies.

18 hours ago, Weave said:

24, regardless of the sport.

When I was a youth my favourite Sabre Dman was Hajt.  Liked his game and modelled mine after him.  Adopted #24 and it is the only number that I ever wore up until retirement after college.  I never played at a more organzed level other than High School and College House League.  I blew out my knee, kind of, at an early age.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.