OSP: Tom Golisano BN article

PASabreFan

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Not 32 years older though.  Come on....

Absolutely.  

Just now, Doohickie said:

I did a bit of Googling.  First of all, let me tell you the hits related to mail order brides is rather off-putting.  But I found this which doesn't indicate at all that Serbian women prefer much older men (admittedly that is not authoritative).

I'm not referring to mail order brides.  It's a simple cultural difference that I have personal experience with.

The mail order bride thing was a side issue.  I was searching for Serbian marriage customs.  Still.... 32 years?  No way that's normal.  I suspect your "personal experience" is small sample size, anecdotal stuff. 

Also, Seles didn't get married until her 40s.  That's not typical in any culture.

Edited by Doohickie

20 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The mail order bride thing was a side issue.  I was searching for Serbian marriage customs.  Still.... 32 years?  No way that's normal.  I suspect your "personal experience" is small sample size, anecdotal stuff. 

Also, Seles didn't get married until her 40s.  That's not typical in any culture.

Neither is being a nine time winner of a Grand Slam event and a stint as the best female tennis player in the world.  Only 4 Grand Slam events per year (assuming they don't slide the Austrailian back into December in which case there could be 5) & only 1 top ranked female player at any given time.

Understood.  Just questioning the age difference assertion that @Eleven is talking about.  Yes, many cultures have some age difference... my dad was 6 years older than my mom; my grandfather was 10 years older than my grandmother.  In my (Polish American) culture that seems to be a result of a young man establishing himself before marrying, but most of the women his age have already married (to men older than him) so there available women are younger in age.

But 32 years difference... I think calling that typical in just about any culture is a stretch.

And the subject has been hammered into the ground by now; I've said my piece and I'm done.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

Ok maybe, but Monica Seles is one of the better female tennis players of all time.  She made $15M in prize money alone, with unknown additional income from advertising. I get that Golisano has more money than that, but how much could that really improve her life?  Not more than being married to someone you don’t like would make it worse, IMPO.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.