OSP: Tom Golisano BN article

PASabreFan

17 minutes ago, inkman said:

Meh.  There is 12 years between me and my wife.  It's the life she chose, let her live with her geese hating, sugar packet stealing billionaire.  I'd probably snuggle up to him at night to if I could go on daily yaught trips and weekly private jet tours.  

She had many years as one of the top female tennis players, I don't think she really needs a 'sugar daddy' for that stuff.

On 9/19/2019 at 3:01 AM, Taro T said:

Yeah, Bettman was adament that Balsille wouldn't get a team, but remember that there were serious rumors the Pens would end up in KC.

And had Hammister won the bidding, KC was a legit location for OUR team.  And unlike Cleveland in the NFL, it wasn't a lock we'd get a replacement (though being the best US market we should've).

Balsillie could have had a team no problem if he didn't continually push to relocate it to Hamilton. Every time a team was available he would make an offer, and the league was fine on the condition it stays put, then he would say he doesn't intend to move it, then hold a season ticket sales rally in Hamilton for the team. He thought he could bully the NHL into getting a team Nd relocating them to either Hamilton or Kitchener/Waterloo area (where RIM was located). This was at the time he was a big deal because of Blackberry and thought he could do whatever he wanted, then blackberry crumbled (he reminds me of Elon Musk). I used to only have blackberry phones until they screwed everyone over by just abandoning the Playbook tablets they had just released........

Hammister was the big competition to get the team vs TG IIRC, the problem with his purchase was that he needed government money to do it. It seemed like they were ready to give him the team until he couldn't get the government money so they sold to TG instead. From my understanding Hammisters money was made through seniors facilities his family owned Nd operated. I remember looking him up to see what he did. He has some nice vacation property on the other side of lake Erie in a private section of Fort Erie. He has his own house and another one next door for his kids that are right on the shore. I got to see his office where he has alot of destroyers and other memorabilia from when he was an owner.

• Like (+1) 1

In the Buffalo area most are usually anywhere from 1 to 6 degrees of separation from knowing “the big names” in and around Buffalo.

You don’t have to trust me on this if you don’t want to ... but I thank the hockey gods Hamister never got his claws on the Sabres or any major sports team in the area. He was/is bad bad bad news. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Not sure why it's creepy. Seems an arbitrary definition of creepy. What about a 70-year-old woman and a 45-year-old man? If we allow this definition of creepy, then why aren't others allowed to think two guys, two girls, a black guy and white girl, etc. is creepy?

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Meh.  There is 12 years between me and my wife.  It's the life she chose, let her live with her geese hating, sugar packet stealing billionaire.  I'd probably snuggle up to him at night to if I could go on daily yaught trips and weekly private jet tours.  

well done good job GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Weave said:

The official rule is, (your age/2)+7.  If she’s older than that, not creepy.  She’s perfect.  It’s like he dis the math when they met.

Can’t remember where I first heard that.  Seems like a good rule to me.?

Weave has it right. Half your age plus seven. 

Not creepy. 

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Weave has it right. Half your age plus seven. 

Not creepy. 

Its kinda cool how well that works, if you start picking random ages it gets you closer the younger you are. And when you get to underage its either within a year or 2 or someone a couple years older

Like if your 26, no one younger then 20

18, no one younger then 16

If your 12, no one younger then 13, younger then that and it doesn't really work though.........

10 hours ago, Weave said:

The official rule is, (your age/2)+7.  If she’s older than that, not creepy.  She’s perfect.  It’s like he dis the math when they met.

Can’t remember where I first heard that.  Seems like a good rule to me.?

Just a  hunch, this official rule was developed by a consortium of older men.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

A 26-year-old can't date a 19-year-old. Got it.

Anytime a girl fresh outta high school started dated guys with 401ks, we all started asking questions.  I think college age and under is appropriate.  Yes there are exceptions but a 26 year old is usually making a valiant attempt to join the ranks of the working class while 19 year olds are just trying to get ***** and ***** up.  

Don't get me wrong I stayed the course until I was into my 30s.  My company was almost always 5-10 years younger than I as we shared common interests.  Getting ***** and ***** up.  

When I was 30, I tried dating a few different girls who were 23-24.  It never lasted more than a few weeks or months.  I was working overnights and they were ***** someone else at night.  

5 hours ago, inkman said:

I will punch a blue hair for their Goetze's.  

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Had to google it. The caramels with the white filling, yum. Haven't had one in a long time.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

My favorite non lady part to put into mouth 

THAT's what they officially call those things?  Always called them caramel cremes.  TIL ...

Those are ####ing awesome.  And probably haven't had 1 in 30 years. ?

• 2 years later...
On 9/16/2019 at 2:46 AM, That Aud Smell said:

I’m stuck on two things: (1) Monica Seles?! (2) It’s better to be lucky than good.

Further on 2, the planets really seemed to align for TG-owned teams. That said, TG strikes me as a much sharper dude than TP.

I would like to examine number one a little more.  Monica is 48 years old, and they were married in 2009.  That puts her at 35 when he was 68.  She was entering her sexual prime and OSP, best case scenario, has a ***** collecting dust.  Right?  She was an outstanding athlete.  Nine Grand Slam singles titles, and coming off a Tennis HOF induction.  To finding herself having the most unathletic sex, ever.  What is the attraction?  Monica ***** Seles should be off the coast of Portugal drinking sangria with some  dude name Tiago, then back to the Four Seasons after some dancing at the local discoteche.  Not reminding OSD (Old Sugar Daddy) where he left his reading glasses seven times a day.  No comprende.  

• dislike 1

5 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

I would like to examine number one a little more.  Monica is 48 years old, and they were married in 2009.  That puts her at 35 when he was 68.  She was entering her sexual prime and OSP, best case scenario, has a ***** collecting dust.  Right?  She was an outstanding athlete.  Nine Grand Slam singles titles, and coming off a Tennis HOF induction.  To finding herself having the most unathletic sex, ever.  What is the attraction?  Monica ***** Seles should be off the coast of Portugal drinking sangria with some  dude name Tiago, then back to the Four Seasons after some dancing at the local discoteche.  Not reminding OSD (Old Sugar Daddy) where he left his reading glasses seven times a day.  No comprende.  

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.