Do you think Linus Ullmark will be elite

miles

Elite?  No.  There are not many Elite goaltenders.  There are good goaltenders who have great seasons, there are many goaltenders who have good seasons and are starters but not necessarily the guy who steals the show night in and night out.

Ullmark can be a very good goalie. Now that the Sabres have rid themselves of their old goalie coach I would expect to see a notable improvement in both goaltenders. Lots of people on here keep dismissing the impact the goalie coach has. They are ignoring that Hutton's game changed over the last year and began to look like Lehner and Johnson from the year before. They ignore that Lehner left and his game stopped looking like the prior year with the Sabres. 

There will be an improvement.

Ullmark makes some outstanding saves, but gives up some softies.... I think his ceiling is Ryan Miller level but he's certainly not there yet.   He has to show improvement this season.    

Still kinda shocked they did nothing to improve the goaltending position over the summer. 

6 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Ullmark makes some outstanding saves, but gives up some softies.... I think his ceiling is Ryan Miller level but he's certainly not there yet.   He has to show improvement this season.    

Still kinda shocked they did nothing to improve the goaltending position over the summer. 

Let's have this discussion after the season, like your saying, improvements. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Hmm, can't talk about preseason hockey, now we can't talk about hockey until the season is over.  So the time to talk about hockey is the summer?  

Any discussion on Ullmark and the new coaching really needs to wait a few months. I think there's a lot to work on with his development and we aren't going to see any of the fruits of that for a while yet.

Hopefully he looks better in January than October, which would be the opposite of what happened last season.

4 hours ago, ... said:

Hmm, can't talk about preseason hockey, now we can't talk about hockey until the season is over.  So the time to talk about hockey is the summer?  

Pi2000 mentioned that he has to show improvements this season didnt he? 

If you want to discuss this matter preseason thats fine with me, i was talking to Pi, that is all.

8 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Yep, we need to let this play out.     The positive is that he'll be given every opportunity to secure the starting position.    He only has to beat out Hutton, which shouldn't be a monumental task.     But the thing I like most about Linus is his demeanor... he a realist, gives honest answers, and has a calm presence about himself.... all great qualities to have as a goaltender.      I certainly wish him success and hope he finds it in Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.