Do you think Linus Ullmark will be elite

miles

Do you guys think Ullmark will realistically become an elite goalie in the future or is he going to be a middle of the road guy. 

I always thought he would be when he was with the amerks. 

I'm curious what you guys think. I really like this guy and hope he becomes something special 

Or do you guys think we wait to see how luukkonen develops 

Edited by miles

No. I think he will be better than last season though. He is probably a decent stopgap to get us to Luukkonen but unless he really improves, probably not going to be elite. Starter maybe but not elite. 

Luukkonen has the chance to be elite though. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 3

No, I don’t think so.  I think he will be a decent backup/fringe starter.  Goalies are strange though, so maybe he can be a good NHL starter.  Elite would be highly unlikely, I would think.

Seems like a heck of a nice guy though, so I’m rooting for him.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, miles said:

I dont think he will be with the Sabres this year either. I thought he had hip surgery and would be starting later than the rest of the team

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Depends on how well our current goalies perform, but if they really stink it up I can see UPL being here.

He had hip surgery over the summer and this will be his first Pro NA year. He will be in Rochester all year. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think he has the potential to be a solid NHL goalie, a quality backup for sure and possibly a decent starting goaltender.  At this point, I don't see him becoming elite.  I assume elite means one of the top handful of goalies in the league and/or a perennial all-star.  If he remains a Sabre, I hope that I am wrong and the he does become elite!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.