OT: internet

Hank

22 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Well since the streaming threads were closed for some reason, I’ll ask it here ...

a family member who lives in SC suggested if I cut the cord with spectrum (only keep internet), I should just get YouTube tv to watch the Sabres games. Being in WNY, is this true? Can I watch the MSG-B broadcasted games via YouTube tv? What about NBCSN Sabres games?

i see that Fubo has MSG available, but is it MSG-B? And can I get MSG-B thru Fubo if I live in the WNY area?

I just bought the latest Roku express. Haven’t hooked it up yet. Gonna do it around Christmas. Trying to learn as I go here ...

I would reach out to the companies directly.  I honestly don't know if you'd get Sabres games.

The other thing to consider when streaming is the quality of the stream.  For the past few weeks I have trialed using Spectrum's app to stream Sabres games (in the hopes of giving up the cable box) but their stream compression is so crappy that it's hard to follow the puck around the ice (it's also hard to follow passes in football).  I'm not super surprised given that Spectrum wants people to keep their crappy cable boxes.

I am ready to drop their TV in favor of someone else, but I need to get Sabres games.  So, if you do find out.. let me know.

2 hours ago, LTS said:

I would reach out to the companies directly.  I honestly don't know if you'd get Sabres games.

The other thing to consider when streaming is the quality of the stream.  For the past few weeks I have trialed using Spectrum's app to stream Sabres games (in the hopes of giving up the cable box) but their stream compression is so crappy that it's hard to follow the puck around the ice (it's also hard to follow passes in football).  I'm not super surprised given that Spectrum wants people to keep their crappy cable boxes.

I am ready to drop their TV in favor of someone else, but I need to get Sabres games.  So, if you do find out.. let me know.

Hey, thanks for replying!

So, I looked at the whole Spectrum steaming thing. But when I looked at what stations were available, I didn’t see MSG or MSG-B. So I dismissed it. 

But from what you’re saying it IS available thru spectrum steaming. It’s just poor quality. 

furthermore, everything I’m seeing keeps pointing me to Fubo (thru Roku) as the only option (besides paying extra for NHL.tv or center ice). 

I don’t think YouTube TV is a viable option Due to blackout rules. I’m learning as I go. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Hey, thanks for replying!

So, I looked at the whole Spectrum steaming thing. But when I looked at what stations were available, I didn’t see MSG or MSG-B. So I dismissed it. 

But from what you’re saying it IS available thru spectrum steaming. It’s just poor quality. 

furthermore, everything I’m seeing keeps pointing me to Fubo (thru Roku) as the only option (besides paying extra for NHL.tv or center ice). 

I don’t think YouTube TV is a viable option Due to blackout rules. I’m learning as I go. 

I think Spectrum has a stand alone streaming package, it's not in that.  But if you have Spectrum cable, you can use their app instead of a cable box.  In many instances its okay, but for sports, it's lacking.  Especially when things are moving fast, like a puck or football.

It had been confirmed in the past that FUBO had Sabres games, but they've made so many changes that I am just not sure anymore.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

I think Spectrum has a stand alone streaming package, it's not in that.  But if you have Spectrum cable, you can use their app instead of a cable box.  In many instances its okay, but for sports, it's lacking.  Especially when things are moving fast, like a puck or football.

It had been confirmed in the past that FUBO had Sabres games, but they've made so many changes that I am just not sure anymore.

Ah ok. Yea. I have spectrum internet and cable. Looking to see the options after I drop the cable. Looks like Fubo is it for my situation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.