Ralph Krueger’s run for president

#freejame

From Yerndon article on what was learned at prospect camp in the athletic:

“We’d like to feel Sabres hockey – all the way through to (ECHL) Cincinnati even – and I think that this is still far from the end product. We expect a much clearer identity as we go through these next few weeks.”

My theory is that Jbott has been capitative by Kruger, just like all of our players who talk to him. He doesn’t feel comfortable with his relationship with Terry, whether that be Terry has too many suggestions that he has to politely turn down or Terry is overbearing or Terry wants to talk hockey with him too much, Jbott wants a middle man. He hired Kruger to help implement his player plan throughout the entire system, but he eventually see Chris Taylor as head coach. At the end of his contract, he’ll move into the role of Team President and be the middle man Jbott wanted. Jbott knows Kruger is on the same page, so hiring his boss isn’t that big of a deal as they’ll likely live and die together. Terry loves Kruger and thought it was a great idea. 

Edited by #freejame
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, ... said:

We talked about this when RK was hired. I'm in the camp, presently, of those who think this is far closer to the truth than not.

I know we talked about this previously, but I figured if it’s going to be on ongoing thing it might as well have it’s own thread. 

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Do GMs hire team presidents? The scenario I can see is Botterill gets canned, and in another remake of the front office, Terry promotes RaKru to president/czar, the kind of job Rakru said he wanted.

Congratulations. I haven't gotten to typing it out yet, but 100% of the time I think of Krueger it's using your moniker for him

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Do GMs hire team presidents? The scenario I can see is Botterill gets canned, and in another remake of the front office, Terry promotes RaKru to president/czar, the kind of job Rakru said he wanted.

It would kinda be a weird scenario to see play out, no? Coach getting such a big promotion as the GM who hired him gets canned for poor performance? 

I can imagine Krueger moving to a Pres of Hockey Ops role in a few years if he has some success as HC.  Perhaps with one of his assistant coaches taking over as head coach.  

I have a difficult time imagining a scenario where Botterill is fired because the team is bad, while the head coach of that bad team moves to the role of Pres as opposed to also being fired himself.

Also, RaKru is not happening, and nothing can change my mind on that.  To quote some mean girl “Stop trying to make RaKru happen.”

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

I'm thinking Krueger and Botterill will both be gone some time this year or at year's end, so this is unlikely to pan out.

There is no chance that Krueger gets canned this season, unless it's a complete dumpster explosion but I don't even want to imagine another season like all of the other seasons. Honestly, sometimes I don't know why any of us are still here, must be that ever present sliver of hope.

21 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

This thread was slotted next to the RaKru Crux thread this morning. I stared at the two spellings of his name for a solid 30 seconds. I am not sure which spelling is correct, without looking it up.

I fixed the thread title, thanks for pointing it out. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.