Prospects GDT 9-6-19: NJ Devils Vs Sabres 7:00 PM

Mustache of God

The Sabres biggest names were their best players.

Jokiharju forced a bad pass, but overall was in the rocking chair. He’s a step above most of these guys.

Borgen was smooth and mean. Asplund smart and feisty.

Cozens had twosuperb touch passes to set up scoring chances.

And VO was the best player on the ice for either team. Man among boys.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Cozens is a very strong skater, and you can see in the way he generates speed that he's going to become even more powerful as his frame fills out.

It's pretty obvious to me that the thing he needs to work on most is his hands. And he will. When they catch up to how fast he can move and how fast NHL opponents are, he's going to be a very effective NHLer.

This. I’ve never bought into the “non-elite ceiling” thing. 

I’m not at all saying he’ll do it, but his ceiling is star player. 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Cozens is a very strong skater, and you can see in the way he generates speed that he's going to become even more powerful as his frame fills out.

It's pretty obvious to me that the thing he needs to work on most is his hands. And he will. When they catch up to how fast he can move and how fast NHL opponents are, he's going to be a very effective NHLer.

If I'm honest, when I watch him the name "Thompson" goes through my mind.

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Cozens has much higher upside. But worrisome me wonders, didn't we say this about Bailey?

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Lol not even close. 

Cozens has been more impactful than Hughes on and off the puck. You should have seen him in the defensive zone. 

Well, the feed is a bit blurry, but nothing I saw from him made me react like the rest of you.  I'm not TbGED watching Olofsson.

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Cozens has much higher upside. But worrisome me wonders, didn't we say this about Bailey?

Don't recall that much hype for Bailey.  More of hope the local boy could excel.

But he definitely was one of the "future big 4.". That didn't quite work out as planned.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why would this game by “blacked out” in my region (the South). Why does it f-in matter.

I believe it has something to do with the fact that the teams could be sued for violating something about the TV deal if they were to stream these for everyone to see? I'm not sure of the details though. PM me if you want details on how I'm watching

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The build and the powerful stride are similar but I saw Cozens make two elite passes that period alone that I’ve never seen from Justin. And, as LGR said, he looked very responsible defensively.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why would this game by “blacked out” in my region (the South). Why does it f-in matter.

Good forking question.  But they did that last year as well.  Have to believe it has to do with either the local broadcasting rights contracts or the board advertising.  (Must be somebody paid for some level of advertising that isn't covered by the way they're broadcasting the games.  Which stinks.)

3 minutes ago, ... said:

Well, the feed is a bit blurry, but nothing I saw from him made me react like the rest of you.  I'm not TbGED watching Olofsson.

He's been solid not spectacular but away from the puck he's been great. Had an up close look in the defensive zone

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Two Septembers ago, these Devils prospects ran us over, we would go 5 minutes at a time without puck control in the offensive zone. Last year and this one, we've looked like the better group. It may not mean much but it's a nice feeling.

We've been very aggressive at puck retrieval 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.