Hopes, fears and expectations

dudacek

Hope: Coaching was the major issue that I think it was. It has now been fixed and this team will stop underachieving.

Fears: The forward depth and goaltending will sink this team regardless of anything else and by January 1st there is no reason to keep watching. 

Expectations: I expect this team to compete for the playoffs. I think they have the defensive talent to do that and added just enough forward help to get them in the conversation. Not sure they make it but they aren't a bottom 5 team IMPO. There is too much talent and Dahlin is only going to get better.  

• Like (+1) 1

My hope is that we make the playoffs.

My fear is that Krueger is not just bad, but an embarrassment, and that he will do nothing to improve this team.

My expectation is that we do not make the playoffs and have yet another middling season, leading to the termination of Botterill.

I keep hearing this word from and related to Kreuger - we will be "aggressive."  Aggressive on the puck, aggressive at the blueline, aggressive. I like the sound of it, but I'm not sure what it'll be. My pessimistic side says this sounds a lot like Housley when he got here, maybe just switch fast for aggressive. I choose to remain optimistic that this time it'll mean good hockey.  Certainly like the way he is structuring the organization opening communication lines and basically coordinating everything from top to bottom, from systems to nutrition and conditioning. It feels promising.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.