Sabres Announce Training Camp Dates

Brawndo

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Eichel does not need to be with Skinner and Reinhart all year to put up 90 points. He was a point-a-game guy at 20 and 21 with Kane being his primary winger.

Those lineups are very carefully thought out to maximize a mix of motivation and opportunity.

Veterans Girgensons, Larsson, Sobotka and Okposo know they aren’t exactly buried, but they aren’t particularly high on the depth chart either. Olofsson, Asplund, Lazar and Smith have to be very happy with their early placement. Vesey and Sheary have to be ecstatic. Mittelstadt and Rodrigues know exactly the carrot placed in front of them.

I think team A gets the first game, team B the second, as is, then cuts to about 18 forwards

I think he definitely needs one to put up 90. My point was never that he needed both. 

Highly unlikely he goes from 82 w/Skinner and Reinhart to 90 without them both, though. Though you never know if he gets in a full slate of games. 

Edited by Thorny

On 9/14/2019 at 8:20 PM, Derrico said:

No gm in the league is going to dictate or even have much to any say in lineups and D pairings.

You can't start a guy who isn't on the roster.  So every GM has some control over it.  It does happen.  But if it is, it means that the coach and GM are not on the same page and that's a bad thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.