Sabres Announce Training Camp Dates

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffalo-sabres-2018-19-training-camp-schedule/c-308774014

Here’s the schedule. Also of note, every preseason game will be streamed on Sabres.com( In the immediate broadcast region) or broadcast on MSG. 

Since when are training camp practices NOT open to the public?

Might have to make a call to figure out what's going on.  Opening day of camp is my annual pilgrimage.  Will be very unhappy if I have to actually get real work done that day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffalo-sabres-2018-19-training-camp-schedule/c-308774014

Here’s the schedule. Also of note, every preseason game will be streamed on Sabres.com( In the immediate broadcast region) or broadcast on MSG. 

It’s about freakin time! I’ve only been waiting for every game to be available at least streaming ... for 9-10 years now. 

On 8/30/2019 at 3:18 PM, Brawndo said:

Also of note, entire training camp will be held at KBC and not the Harborcenter. I think it'll be the first time since they build it that they won't use it for training camp.

7 hours ago, Briere48 said:

Also of note, entire training camp will be held at KBC and not the Harborcenter. I think it'll be the first time since they build it that they won't use it for training camp.

Per the schedule, the Open Practices on September 26th and 27th will be at Harborcenter it appears. 

663AF9B3-9F5E-4C5F-BF32-35A385B6DAF6.png

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, ... said:

I did not know Vesey was 6’3” 199lbs.

He’s big and pretty fast too. Apparently can’t play worth ***** though.

I have a morbid fascination with Jimmy boy this year because I cant remember an acquisition as universally panned here by people who pay attention. I’m picturing Sobotka without the left-side face-off skills.

Edited by dudacek

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I have a morbid fascination with Jimmy boy this year because I cant remember an opposition as universally panned here by people who pay attention. I’m picturing Sobotka without the left-side face-off skills.

There might not be a single player in the league as bad as Sobotka. 

Picture Vesey more as a slightly worse defensively Sobotka with better goal scoring instincts. 

The way the bolded is framed indicates that much of the argument against Vesey has fallen on deaf ears, anyways. I have no doubt he'll score his 15-25 goals, which is going to contrast him with Sobotka and therefore "win" the argument for those on his side, but it's never been about that for me. It's about how much he'll take away from a top line defensively by doing that. 

I have stated multiple times that my issue with Vesey lies more with projections that have him in the top 6, than his actual viability as a lower-line depth player. If he's in the bottom 6 and not actively terrible, I'm not going to complain about him. Even if we gave up an asset to move laterally from Pominville. 

Edited by Thorny

32 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I have a morbid fascination with Jimmy boy this year because I cant remember an acquisition as universally panned here by people who pay attention. I’m picturing Sobotka without the left-side face-off skills.

He's much better than Sobtka.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.