Sabres Prospect Challenge 2019

LGR4GM

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/sabres-host-fifth-annual-prospects-challenge

For a fifth consecutive year, the Buffalo Sabres will host the annual Prospects Challenge at Harborcenter.

The team announced on Wednesday that the festivities will begin on Friday, September 6 and run through Monday, September 9.

The Sabres will, once again, be joined by the prospects from the Boston Bruins, New Jersey Devils and Pittsburgh Penguins to compete in a three-game round-robin challenge. The Sabres are two-time winners of the Prospects Challenge, including a win at the inaugural event in 2015 and in last year's event.

Rosters for each team will be released at a later date.

Here is the schedule of games:

Friday, September 6:

• Pittsburgh vs. Boston, 3:30 p.m.
  • Buffalo vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m.

Saturday, September 7:

• New Jersey vs. Pittsburgh, 3:30 p.m.
  • Buffalo vs. Boston, 7 p.m.

Sunday, September 8:

• No games scheduled

Monday, September 9:

• Boston vs. New Jersey, 9:30 a.m.
  • Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh, 12:30 p.m.

Tickets for each game are $10 and will go on sale to the general public on Friday, August 2 at 10 a.m. Season ticket holders and My One Buffalo members will have the chance to purchase tickets before they go on sale.

Fans can purchase tickets at the KeyBank Center box office, online at Sabres.com, or by phone at 1-888-223-6000.

Disappointed that Cozens won't play, but maybe long-term that's a good thing? He'll be able to quietly go back to Juniors and dominate and we won't hear people clamoring to force him into the lineup before he's ready?

We are 1 week from having some actual hockey things to talk about. Almost through the off-season!

34 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Disappointed that Cozens won't play, but maybe long-term that's a good thing? He'll be able to quietly go back to Juniors and dominate and we won't hear people clamoring to force him into the lineup before he's ready?

We are 1 week from having some actual hockey things to talk about. Almost through the off-season!

Cozens will be at camp and probably play in the preseason and possibly 1-3 games to start the year before going back to juniors. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

No Cozens, no Luukkonnen. No Davidsson, Samuelsson Johnson.

No Dahlin, Thompson, Guhle, Pilut, Nylander, Mitts...least hyped challenge ever?

At least we’ll get our first look at the Joker.

Yeah, I'm surprised a lot of our recent D picks aren't on the roster, are NCAA players not allowed? The only person I'd half expect to see from the 2nd list of players you mentioned would be Thompson since he was at the Prospect Camp earlier this summer. Guhle and Nylander are no longer with the org so it makes sense they're not playing. 

Curious that Ukko Pukko Lukko isn't on that roster.

Hoping Borgen, Oloffsson, Asplund, Pekar, Jokeraju and Ruustolinain give us something positive to talk about...the rest of that roster feels like a wet fart.

Edited by Mustache of God

4 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

. Guhle and Nylander are no longer with the org so it makes sense they're not playing. 

Curious that Ukko Pukko Lukko isn't on that roster..

LOL. I was comparing to previous camps, where I was hyped to see those guys.

UPL is recovering from hip surgery.

Edited by dudacek

3 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Yeah, I'm surprised a lot of our recent D picks aren't on the roster, are NCAA players not allowed? The only person I'd half expect to see from the 2nd list of players you mentioned would be Thompson since he was at the Prospect Camp earlier this summer. Guhle and Nylander are no longer with the org so it makes sense they're not playing. 

Curious that Ukko Pukko Lukko isn't on that roster.

Hoping Borgen, Oloffsson, Asplund, Pekar, Jokeraju and Ruustolinain give us something positive to talk about...the rest of that roster feels like a wet fart.

Don't recall the rule exactly (@Shrader's usually on too of it).  But there's something about how teams can only reimburse NCAA players for a single trip to the NHL team each year and most all those guys went to the prospect camp.

I love the invite of Sebastian Vidmar. He was looking like a highly sought after free agent after his sophomore and junior seasons when he put up a combined 71 points in 71 games. He ended up having a bad senior season and fell off the map a little bit. I think he could be a really good player for the Amerks, or even the Cyclones.

Big kid. 6-3, 210. Playmaking LW. He's a Swede (of course he is). He played four years at Union.

You can find him doing this quite often...

He has a nice shot too, he just doesn't use it enough...coaching staff at Union always tried to get him to shoot more.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/30188/sebastian-vidmar

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Damn, we get to watch hockey tomorrow. 

Will one of those funky streams be available like last year?

I seem to remember reading they will be streamed on the Sabres website, but only in the Buffalo market.

Hopefully someone can help us desperate out-of-market folk out if that is the case.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I seem to remember reading they will be streamed on the Sabres website, but only in the Buffalo market.

Hopefully someone can help us desperate out-of-market folk out if that is the case.

Right right right I had to install some weird chrome attachment and then type in a link provided to me by a poster on hf haha. It's all coming back 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.