Tage-ing the Thompson: Expectations

LGR4GM

Tage good?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tage Thompson be a useful contributor to the Sabres this season 2019/20?

• Yes, he will contribute as a top 9 forward
    • No, he will be bad again and needs to spend at least a year in the AHL
    • Maybe, it depends on his linemates or his physical development
  2. 2. If Thompson makes the team, how many points will he score? He had 7g, 5a in 65games last season.

• 15 points or less
    • 16-20 points
    • 21-25 points
    • 26-30 points
    • 31-40 points
    • 41 or more points

7 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

I too would love for Tage to be Maxim. Alas, Afinogenov was about 5'10 and could protect the puck. Tage is still very easily separated from the puck (not that he can't improve) but he'll never have the agility and short burst that Afinogenov had. Maxim looked like a baby-Bure out there at times.

Afinogenov was NOT 5'10".  He was 6'0" and was 195# as a rookie.  He SEEMED short on the ice because his skating stride was about perfect and his knees were always bent to maximize his power.

9 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Connolly was a wizard

That reminds me of the original Batman movie scene:  "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"  He goes to shoot, nope, can shoot there, then he's in the clear-nope, wait for the lane to clear, now time to shoot?  Nope, goalie has it covered.  Okay, time to deke then.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Doohickie said:

That reminds me of the original Batman movie scene:  "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"  He goes to shoot, nope, can shoot there, then he's in the clear-nope, wait for the lane to clear, now time to shoot?  Nope, goalie has it covered.  Okay, time to deke then.

I saw that movie a few years ago for the first time since I was a kid. I couldn't believe how cheesy that scene was. I think they found the bomb in a bar and when Batman almost got killed because he had trouble trying to find a place to chuck it without killing ducks or people at that parade, Robin couldn't believe that he risked his life for despicable bar patrons. Then Adam West said something like, "Now Robin, drunks are people too and don't deserve to be blown up by bombs". Funny stuff. RIP Mayor of Quahog.

Edited by Drunkard
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.