New Gold Alternate 3rds

WildCard

Jersey opinion  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

2. 2. Will you buy one?

31 minutes ago, SDS said:

It’s an arm length thing. The sleeves on the smaller sizes are just so incredibly long. 

I usually have the opposite problem with buying shirts where the sleeves are too short.  I know it's an extra expense but going to a quality tailor to get the arms hemmed should be a simple fix.  I own some game used jerseys where the players have had this done.  

Edited by Swedish Bikini Team
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, josie said:

Y'know, I'm not honestly sure I can differentiate between replica/bootleg. There was a noticeable difference in quality on some of the jerseys (and there were a ton, because Tuch is from around here and an army of folks supporting him were present). Now whether those were cheapo bootlegs or simple not the super duper official version, I couldn't tell ya. 

But I could tell which ones cost big moneys, and which ones most likely didn't as they were visually inferior based off the gold fabric alone. Maybe that won't be the case with the Sabres 50th. But the gold strikes me as a finnicky special fabric that's difficult to imitate. 

I really hope it's a bootleg thing.  The thought of officially team licensed jerseys not getting the color correct really makes me cringe.  The lack of the embroidery on the buffalo is kind of a crappy move for the replicas, but getting the color wrong would take that to a whole new level.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

I really hope it's a bootleg thing.  The thought of officially team licensed jerseys not getting the color correct really makes me cringe.  The lack of the embroidery on the buffalo is kind of a crappy move for the replicas, but getting the color wrong would take that to a whole new level.

Typically, the most noticeable differences between the replica and authentic retail jerseys are:

Sizing:  Replica (L) vs Authentic (52)

Fight Strap:  Replica (none) vs Authentic (sewn inside)

Customization:  Replica (Heat pressed numbers and crest) vs Authentic (Sewn on)

Weight:  Replica is a lighter weight material than the Authentic

Tagging:  Replica (Fanatics tag on the outside) vs Authentic (No Fanatics tag)

50th Anniversary Crest:  Replica (As mentioned, no texture) vs Authentic (Embroidered like the on ice product)

While the quality may be different, the colors should be the same or very similar between the two.

Bootleg jerseys will attempt to replicate the Authentic (Sizing, Fight Strap, Sewn, Etc...).  As far as how they look, YMMV.  

Edited by Swedish Bikini Team

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

Those are definitely a slimmer fit through the body aren't they

Essentially the top one has no room in the stomach area for me. The 50 feels better through the chest and waist, but the last thing I need is for the arms and torso to be even longer. 

3 hours ago, SDS said:

Essentially the top one has no room in the stomach area for me. The 50 feels better through the chest and waist, but the last thing I need is for the arms and torso to be even longer. 

What are your dimensions?  

On 10/12/2019 at 1:15 PM, LouBrawls said:

I'm hearing conflicting reports the arena store is sold out Adidas 50th jerseys. I know a couple local stores have them and quantities online are slim at NHL shop, cool hockey and ice jerseys.  Anyone go to the game last night and can clarify?

I can confirm this is correct. Adidas distributed a set amount to the team store and will not be producing any more. The poor quality Fanatics replicas are still available (and I would like to say Fanatics taking over NHL merchandising has been horrible as the quality has plummeted while the prices have soared). Shame as that was going to be my birthday gift, maybe hit up Cozens junior team and get one of their jerseys instead. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, sabremike said:

I can confirm this is correct. Adidas distributed a set amount to the team store and will not be producing any more. The poor quality Fanatics replicas are still available (and I would like to say Fanatics taking over NHL merchandising has been horrible as the quality has plummeted while the prices have soared). Shame as that was going to be my birthday gift, maybe hit up Cozens junior team and get one of their jerseys instead. 

I have a ton of Sabres shirts that I have bought over the years. I recently ordered a new Sabres tshirt, fanatics branded, and found the material is incredibly lightweight and feels cheap compared to my older shirts. Some of my older stuff feels really good quality. this feels like the material you get from 3 dollar clearance rack. The price is still quite high. 

I also found there is no way to review the product 

Edited by miles
  • Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 2:13 PM, SDS said:

Size 46 and size 50. They really aren’t made for people like me. Lol

E1FD971F-4BFD-4960-90FD-E471E67E2B79.jpeg

FFAD1A38-41FB-4A4E-B3A8-BE9ABBE65E7E.jpeg

Mine, TY very much Sabrespace, could have been less tight as well in the chest and belly, not much but maybe a size or two bigger,  but the arm length for a change was perfect... though not as bad now that I lost all that weight from Chemo... really noticed the arm length and was pleasantly surprised.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.