New Gold Alternate 3rds

WildCard

Jersey opinion  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

2. 2. Will you buy one?

28 minutes ago, shrader said:

You might not swim in one of these new ones though.  My authentic is noticeably smaller than all the others I have, all of them the same size.  There's definitely a different cut to these new ones.  My last authentic was the 40th anniversary one, so I'm sure there's probably been a bunch of changes in the jerseys over that 10 year gap.

I noticed this as soon as I saw someone at the BCA in one. It looked bell shaped. I thought I wanted one until I saw it. I’m in a similar boat as @SDS, a medium comes over my hands. I’m somewhat of a thickly built fellow and wouldn’t be able to squeeze into a small comfortably with a shirt on underneath.That nonsense with losing my hands in a sweater drives me nuts though. I rarely wear them.

Do any of y'all have a lady in your life who has one? The bell shaped comment above gives me a moment's pause. (not much, i really don't care _that_ much)
I'm totally in for a unisex cut, I have several, but I admit I do prefer when a women's cut is offered. I'm not boxy, I like something that I'm not swimming in- the alternative is a youth large that just doesn't work well with hips and chest. 

4 minutes ago, josie said:

Do any of y'all have a lady in your life who has one? The bell shaped comment above gives me a moment's pause. (not much, i really don't care _that_ much)
I'm totally in for a unisex cut, I have several, but I admit I do prefer when a women's cut is offered. I'm not boxy, I like something that I'm not swimming in- the alternative is a youth large that just doesn't work well with hips and chest. 

I do, but I am not sure if her's is the new Adidas jersey or one of the old Reebok jerseys. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, josie said:

My wife has the royal blue third from a few years ago in a ladies cut. Pretty sure I got it at the NHL store but not 100%. It’s cute on her.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

My wife has the royal blue third from a few years ago in a ladies cut. Pretty sure I got it at the NHL store but not 100%. It’s cute on her.

I only have one women's cut and it's a Datsyuk jersey... 

Need a Sabres one haha 

For those that requested. This is one from dhgate. Definitely the best quality out of any sportswear I've bought from them. The gold is beautiful! It looks.like some of the lines aren't straight, but that's just coz it's out the mailing packet and still a bit rumpled.

IMG_20191007_172837.jpg

IMG_20191007_172807.jpg

IMG_20191007_172829.jpg

IMG_20191007_172858.jpg

Edited by steveoath
  • Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, steveoath said:

For those that requested. This is one from dhgate. Definitely the best quality out of any sportswear I've bought from them. The gold is beautiful! It looks.like some of the lines aren't straight, but that's just coz it's out the mailing packet and still a bit rumpled.

IMG_20191007_172837.jpg

IMG_20191007_172807.jpg

IMG_20191007_172829.jpg

IMG_20191007_172858.jpg

Do you have the direct link. When I went to the site it said no results 

3 hours ago, josie said:

I'll have my wife wear mine later.  She's more than a foot shorter than me, so I'm sure this experiment will be very helpful.

Edited by shrader
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/06/2019 at 11:36 AM, LouBrawls said:

False, that's not how things work. If they run out, then that's on the Sabres Store for not buying enough of them. A company would never withhold product if they have extra inventory. They only make as many jerseys as they have orders for from all their accounts. If the Sabres Store only ordered 100 jerseys, then that's all they get.

The buyer for the Sabres Store may have under estimated the response and demand to the 50th. It's been the same guy running it forever, so you'd think he'd know by now that these things blow out.

Except, you can probably STILL find "turd burgers" on the clearance racks there and there were still Winter Classics on sale and heavily discounted at the home finale 2 years ago.  Those all finally sold, but not like they anticipated.

Combine those over buys with the horribly inflated attendance projections for the last WJC's and Frozen Four and maybe there was a reason the guy ended up a bit gun shy on placing a huge order for the authentics.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Swedish Bikini Team said:

www.icejerseys.com still has the authentic Eichel on sale in most sizes for $228.90. They also have blanks in most sizes that they will customize for $49 with a sale going on today.  They’re out of Canada and their customization is top notch. Free shipping and no tax too.  
As mentioned earlier, true on ice jerseys that the players wear are still made in Canada and when Adidas took over they they started making the “authentic” in Asia (lndonesia I think). They’re a little lighter weight than the on ice jersey but size similarly and have the fight strap. 

Thanks. Mine is now being stitched.

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

No need for the quotes. They are the real deal.

Yes and no depending on how technical you want to get. Prior to Adidas taking over a couple years ago, retail authentics and game worn jerseys were basically the same. Same shape and weight while both were made in Canada.

Now Adidas sells the Adizero jersey as the retail authentic which they make in Indonesia.   Player worn jerseys are still produced in Canada. The Adizero retail jersey is a lighter weight material with a more tapered fit than what the players actually wear. 

If you bought an authentic prior to 2011 it would have a boxier look as they were sized as if you’d be wearing pads. The new ones are made to fit more like a sweater true to size. In many ways they fit better but they are not the same quality that same quality as the older CCM/Reebok’s. That’s also reflected in the fact they actually dropped in price from the Reebok days. 

Edited by Swedish Bikini Team

38 minutes ago, Swedish Bikini Team said:

retail authentics and game worn jerseys were basically the same. Same shape and weight while both were made in Canada.

TheI Indo-Edge was Reeboks retail authentic made in Indonesia, not Canada , starting in 2011. They had the lime green neck tape on the inside.

Edited by LouBrawls

37 minutes ago, LouBrawls said:

TheI Indo-Edge was Reeboks retail authentic made in Indonesia, not Canada , starting in 2011. They had the lime green neck tape on the inside.

True, I forgot about those. Reebok’s were made in Canada between 2005-2010. Adidas purchased Reebok in 2006 and started putting their name on NHL jerseys during the 2017-18 season. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, shrader said:

I have to say, this is one of the more odd exchanges I've ever seen on here.  I guess everyone has their thing, but I never would have expected to see two of them.

Definitely.  Luckily I'm married as I don't think this would make for great first date banter.  However, some people may care to know if the $200-$300 jersey they just purchased is the same as the players wear while others couldn't care less and are happy to save money on one purchased from DHgate.  Others may just want to know how the new jerseys fit in comparison with ones they bought back in 2007.  Don't even get me started on customization.  There's a big difference in buying the same customized jersey from the NHL shop versus the Sabres directly or a site like Ice Jerseys.  I'll stop there before you have me committed.  

Edited by Swedish Bikini Team
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.