New Gold Alternate 3rds

WildCard

Jersey opinion  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

2. 2. Will you buy one?

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I mean, I loved it back when the original "leak" happened. And while I'm happy they announced royal blues, we kinda knew they were going back to them for a couple years now.

These are just beautiful jerseys, that's all there is to it. 

Did we know that though? We thought that when they left the slug and they did a navy blue; we all hoped and were pretty certain we would go back to the original colors for awhile now, but I don't think a lot of people really thought it was 100%

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Did we know that though? We thought that when they left the slug and they did a navy blue; we all hoped and were pretty certain we would go back to the original colors for awhile now, but I don't think a lot of people really thought it was 100%

I trusted Callaway, who's been saying this for a while, because he got the winter classic jersey right a couple years ago

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I trusted Callaway, who's been saying this for a while, because he got the winter classic jersey right a couple years ago

It reminded me a lot of when the Bills took Ed Oliver this year. It was the obvious choice, but in years past we would have taken an off the board, idiotic pick (like Maybin over Orakpo)

Buffalo franchises aren't exactly great at making the obviously correct choices, but lately it seems to have changed a little bit

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I disagree, it is completely awful.

I think it is the most ugly Buffalo ever.  Really, who has ever heard of a gold coloured Buffalo.

Really, this is terrible.  NS does not approve, but that does not matter.

That is probably the literal best part of this jersey. 

angry fuck my life GIF

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, WildCard said:

It reminded me a lot of when the Bills took Ed Oliver this year. It was the obvious choice, but in years past we would have taken an off the board, idiotic pick (like Maybin over Orakpo)

Buffalo franchises aren't exactly great at making the obviously correct choices, but lately it seems to have changed a little bit

Thank you for reminding me of my worst draft moment. My dad and I were so stoked for Orakpo when he fell to us.

5 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Royal blue swapped with the navy parts would have been the perfect thing to do with the announcement yesterday. I would never expect them to do the right thing so pretty much par for the course.....

In my opinion, navy looks better with the metallic gold. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ... said:

That thing is frickin' ugly. I do not...repeat: DO NOT...like the gold treatment at all. The only thing cool is the white gloves.  

I think people are still hungover from the Royal Blue punch being served up yesterday.  

My problem with this statement is that you are assuming that people who like this jersey are dumb suckers and you are some wiser person who sees through the charade. 

My second problem is they are separate things. Without a Royal Blue announcement the gold jersey is objectively nice. I think the Buffalo crest is great. Clever use of stitching to bring out the main of the Buffalo. The colors are clean and clear. For an anniversary jersey it is nice. 

In reality you some up why dislike it separate from the royal blue without needing to talk down to people who do like it. You don't like the gold, that's fair. 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I might buy it for the crest alone. Well done, Sabres. 

Yes, that bison on the crest is impressive.

From the page announcing the jersey, "The inner neckline features logos from throughout the team's history, an homage to past eras of Sabres hockey."  They should have put them on the outer neckline.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

My problem with this statement is that you are assuming that people who like this jersey are dumb suckers and you are some wiser person who sees through the charade. 

My second problem is they are separate things. Without a Royal Blue announcement the gold jersey is objectively nice. I think the Buffalo crest is great. Clever use of stitching to bring out the main of the Buffalo. The colors are clean and clear. For an anniversary jersey it is nice. 

In reality you some up why dislike it separate from the royal blue without needing to talk down to people who do like it. You don't like the gold, that's fair. 

You can't redesign my kitchen, either.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I disagree, it is completely awful.

I think it is the most ugly Buffalo ever.  Really, who has ever heard of a gold coloured Buffalo.

Really, this is terrible.  NS does not approve, but that does not matter.

I want to come back to this. First the must ugly Buffalo ever was the slug and the Turdburger was the most ugly jersey.

Second how is it that the "gold colored Buffalo" is a deal breaker? 

2 minutes ago, ... said:

You can't redesign my kitchen, either.

Don't want too, just want an acknowledgement that people like it isn't contingent on the Royal Blue announcement. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Don't want too, just want an acknowledgement that people like it isn't contingent on the Royal Blue announcement. 

Not gonna happen.  And you know I know you secretly desire to redesign my kitchen. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I want to come back to this. First the must ugly Buffalo ever was the slug and the Turdburger was the most ugly jersey.

Second how is it that the "gold colored Buffalo" is a deal breaker? 

Its not realistic! Unlike white buffalos. Or red buffalos. Or blue buffalos. Or blue maple leafs. Or green sharks. Or whatever this thing is:
image.png.a403afba23c72de032f6f096364043b5.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

You want white breezers with blue sweaters?

*googles "breezers"*

ah

*Quick photoshop attempt*

....maybe not

Screen-Shot-2017-05-26-at-2.44.49-PM.png

you might be able to make it work, honestly. But what I just did makes it look like they're wearing an apron.

Edited by sabills

1 hour ago, ... said:

InbornUnknownFlounder-small.gif

That thing is frickin' ugly. I do not...repeat: DO NOT...like the gold treatment at all. The only thing cool is the white gloves.  

I think people are still hungover from the Royal Blue punch being served up yesterday.  

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with you. It doesn't thrill me. I am thrilled with the royal blues though! (and yes, bring back the shoulder patches!!!!) I do hope the 50th season shows promise for this club and our new head coach. Would really dread another woeful season, especially a 50th anniversary one.

12 minutes ago, rakish said:

For me the gold and the blue are too close tonally (is tonally a word?)... doesn't have enough contrast. I'd be interested in what Josie has to say.

Exactly. With the gloss/metallic quality, it actually takes on some of the blue and looks green-ish.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.