New Gold Alternate 3rds

WildCard

Jersey opinion  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

2. 2. Will you buy one?

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

I hope it gets to live on beyond just this year as a third jersey. That will give some people the home whites they want for at least a few nights. 

You wonder why the NHL doesn't allow 3rd and 4th jerseys. That tied to the goat head for alternates would be fun. 

Limiting jersey configurations just seems like a lost chance at more money. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Darryl Shannon's +/- said:

You wonder why the NHL doesn't allow 3rd and 4th jerseys. That tied to the goat head for alternates would be fun. 

Limiting jersey configurations just seems like a lost chance at more money. 

yeah, in the EPL teams literally get entirely new kits every year. Home, Away, and Third. It lets them go crazy with the thirds, too colorwise. I don't know if I want stuff to change THAT much, but it seems dumb that they restrict it as much as they do.

That alternate 50 kit is right spiffing. Full marks.

1 minute ago, sabills said:

yeah, in the EPL teams literally get entirely new kits every year. Home, Away, and Third. It lets them go crazy with the thirds, too colorwise. I don't know if I want stuff to change THAT much, but it seems dumb that they restrict it as much as they do.

There's a fair amount of cross-pollination that's happening between NA and Europe in terms of pro sports. Almost all of the elements being borrowed and adopted have to do with increasing revenues. I therefore expect some NA leagues to get into that business of tweaking the kits every year, and going crazy with a 3rd kit every year as well. Too much money to be made to avoid it.

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That alternate 50 kit is right spiffing. Full marks.

There's a fair amount of cross-pollination that's happening between NA and Europe in terms of pro sports. Almost all of the elements being borrowed and adopted have to do with increasing revenues. I therefore expect some NA leagues to get into that business of tweaking the kits every year, and going crazy with a 3rd kit every year as well. Too much money to be made to avoid it.

True, true, but let me make this counter point:

No one gets in their own way quite like the NHL.

• Haha (+1) 1

InbornUnknownFlounder-small.gif

That thing is frickin' ugly. I do not...repeat: DO NOT...like the gold treatment at all. The only thing cool is the white gloves.  

I think people are still hungover from the Royal Blue punch being served up yesterday.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, shrader said:

I hope it gets to live on beyond just this year as a third jersey. That will give some people the home whites they want for at least a few nights. 

I wonder if the whites next year will at least follow this design, if not the shade of gold.

1 hour ago, El Zahir said:

It's a mild shock that this isn't completely awful.

I disagree, it is completely awful.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Embrace it. It’s gorgeous. It’s OK to say it.

I think it is the most ugly Buffalo ever.  Really, who has ever heard of a gold coloured Buffalo.

Really, this is terrible.  NS does not approve, but that does not matter.

• Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, ... said:

InbornUnknownFlounder-small.gif

That thing is frickin' ugly. I do not...repeat: DO NOT...like the gold treatment at all. The only thing cool is the white gloves.  

I think people are still hungover from the Royal Blue punch being served up yesterday.  

Which is EXACTLY why they announced the Royal yesterday......

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I disagree, it is completely awful.

I think it is the most ugly Buffalo ever.  Really, who has ever heard of a gold coloured Buffalo.

Really, this is terrible.  NS does not approve, but that does not matter.

DANG, and I thought your Sandinista take was bad!!!  ???

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I mean, I loved it back when the original "leak" happened. And while I'm happy they announced royal blues, we kinda knew they were going back to them for a couple years now.

These are just beautiful jerseys, that's all there is to it. 

Sir, please don't ever ask to design my kitchen.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.