matter2003

Risto wants out

There’s a segment out there who might think Miller is better than Risto. Miller got a 2nd and a 5th.

Theres another segment who think Risto is better than Montour. Montour got a first and a solid prospect.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

There’s a segment out there who might think Miller is better than Risto. Miller got a 2nd and a 5th.

Theres another segment who think Risto is better than Montour. Montour got a first and a solid prospect.

Vegas was in a cap crunch too

Frankly, I'm tired about talking about Risto.  If he's here opening day, great, he's an asset to the club.  If he's not, great, we will bring an asset(s) in return.  I'm just going to let JBOT do what he thinks is in the best interest of the club.  To me. it's a win-win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

There are any number of teams that could decide to make a push in this direction, a strong team would ideally be his best bet.  A veteran team like Dallas, Winnipeg or Anaheim does make a ton of sense, but anyone who makes a "great" offer can have him for that unbeatable price. 

9 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Looking at trades this summer of Subban and Trouba and trying to figure out a realistic expectation in trade value for Risto.

Trouba landed a young d prospect and 1st rd pick.  Jets knew they could not resign him and was trying to get the best value in a return.

Subban to me was a salary dump by Nashville and they were still able to get two prospects and two 2nd round picks.

I believe Risto's value is somewhere in between.  He is not going to garner a top 6 forward, but he should be able to get you a prospect and 1st or 2nd rd pick.  His value is still in the potential that a change of teams could provide and that he is on a good contract for three more years.  

Still see the Jets or Stars as ultimate destination.

Buffalo would be better served keeping him if that’s the case 

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

Frankly, I'm tired about talking about Risto.  If he's here opening day, great, he's an asset to the club.  If he's not, great, we will bring an asset(s) in return.  I'm just going to let JBOT do what he thinks is in the best interest of the club.  To me. it's a win-win.

Surplus on D and a deficit at forward. Team will be less than the sum of it's parts if Risto (or someone else on D) isn't moved for forward help. 

I think a lot of posters here who want Risto traded have an exaggerated view of what the return would be.

6 hours ago, Radar said:

I think a lot of posters here who want Risto traded have an exaggerated view of what the return would be.

I think that’s why most trade proposals include several players in a package deal. Not just Risto.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Not enough lutefisk on local menus?

16 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Not enough lutefisk on local menus?

Possibly so and maybe strict speed limits too

• Haha (+1) 1

I think the offers so far have been lowball offers. teams trying to replicate a ROR situation and JBot went out of his way to say "he didn't have to make a trade" to counter that. Trading is often all about perception and if it comes across that we need/want to dump him we get a lower return. I would not be surprised at all if nothing happens and we start the season with Risto in the mix. Then, after seeing how things go, he could even be trade before the deadline when teams are ALWAYS looking for additional D men for cup runs.  So I think he likely starts the season in Buffalo, but if he does not excel in the new system (whatever that turns out to be) he will be moved before the season ends and it'll probably be just for draft picks or prospects

A good 2C for Risto just ain't going to happen. .