Does Risto want out?

matter2003

Risto sure did not help his cause to be traded by making those comments at the end of the season and again in Finland during the off season.  He said his conversation with Bots is private, he should have considered that before he opened his mouth.  

I have little doubt that  Bots is leery of getting burned again (see ROR trade) and other GMs are offering less than he wants.

His value will increase when the season starts and injuries hit.   Risto will get protected minutes until then, and he will look better than he ever has for that.    No need to rush a trade.  

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Risto sure did not help his cause to be traded by making those comments at the end of the season and again in Finland during the off season.  He said his conversation with Bots is private, he should have considered that before he opened his mouth.  

I have little doubt that  Bots is leery of getting burned again (see ROR trade) and other GMs are offering less than he wants.

His value will increase when the season starts and injuries hit.   Risto will get protected minutes until then, and he will look better than he ever has for that.    No need to rush a trade.  

The conversation he had with botts happened after those interviews.

41 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Just going to put this out there. It might be time for JBot to call up Winnipeg again. Looks like now they have lost half their D from last year with the Byfuglin situation and they have two unsigned RFAs so they just might be willing to take a chance on him. 

I don't, man, I think Botterill should let them all sweat.  Three weeks into the regular season, several other D men get injured, they come crawling to him.  "You have...many of them.  What do you want.  WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.