Good News on NBC Networks Schedule

Eleven

41 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Why is that good news?  A higher national profile is better for the team’s efforts to emerge from Micky Mouse territory.  

34 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Because NBC broadcasters are insufferable.

That's why.

And their exposure on national TV during some of the dark years didn't help them emerge from Mickey Mouse territory anyway.

39 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Why is that good news?  A higher national profile is better for the team’s efforts to emerge from Micky Mouse territory.  

Let's wait until they can actually break 90 points before showing the nation that the Sabres have their act together.

The past 8 or so years of getting 10 or so national games definitely showed the country the Sabres were on the right track. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Let's wait until they can actually break 90 points before showing the nation that the Sabres have their act together.

The past 8 or so years of getting 10 or so national games definitely showed the country the Sabres were on the right track. :rolleyes:

Not only that, but I couldn’t care less about “national image” when it comes to a sports team. Especially  losing bottom feeder.

37 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Now that I think about it, preferential national coverage of teams based on their ownership is pretty ***** up.  Not new, but ***** up.

Yep,  Pitt and Stl having lots of games you can understand. Cups, Sidney etc... But Philly?  Over the last 5 years they have missed the playoffs in 3 of those years and lost in the 1st rd the other 2.  This isn't exactly a team with huge national interest.

19 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Yep,  Pitt and Stl having lots of games you can understand. Cups, Sidney etc... But Philly?  Over the last 5 years they have missed the playoffs in 3 of those years and lost in the 1st rd the other 2.  This isn't exactly a team with huge national interest.

Does this help explain why??

gritty.jpg

Living out of market, I wish the Sabres had more national games.  Until the team is competing for a playoff spot, I can't justify ponying up the dough for the Center Ice package, so these national games, plus a few that sneak through on NHL Network, are all I get to see.

9 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Living out of market, I wish the Sabres had more national games.  Until the team is competing for a playoff spot, I can't justify ponying up the dough for the Center Ice package, so these national games, plus a few that sneak through on NHL Network, are all I get to see.

Living out of market, I buy Centre Ice and cannot get the Nationally televised games (Canadian in my case) as they are blacked out (and I recently cut cable).  So I'm very content with less nationally broadcast games as those are the only ones I don't get to see.  Having said that, if they were better they would be put on more often so I guess I'm fine with that too hahahha.

10 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Ha, I’m the exact opposite. I’ll happily pay the NHL.tv price, but cringe at recurring cable fees required to watch NBCSN games. I have YouTube tv for a variety of reasons, NBCSN included. But before that, I was completely cut off from cable and the national games were blacked out on NHL.tv so I just missed them. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Living out of market, I buy Centre Ice and cannot get the Nationally televised games (Canadian in my case) as they are blacked out (and I recently cut cable).  So I'm very content with less nationally broadcast games as those are the only ones I don't get to see.  Having said that, if they were better they would be put on more often so I guess I'm fine with that too hahahha.

1 minute ago, EichSnipe said:

Ha, I’m the exact opposite. I’ll happily pay the NHL.tv price, but cringe at recurring cable fees required to watch NBCSN games. I have YouTube tv for a variety of reasons, NBCSN included. But before that, I was completely cut off from cable and the national games were blacked out on NHL.tv so I just missed them. 

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

22 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Because then I cant watch them on NHL app which I pay for dont have cable so NBC app is blocked for me

26 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I generally like Emerick, Alberts, and do they use Forslund sometimes? I don't like the color commentary guys or the intermission crews at all though.

And it drives me nuts that we always get Tampa or Philly for those games, and they always use those teams' announcing crews. 

Considering Comcast owns the Phlyers, NBC, NBCSN, & Comcast Filly, what are the odds Snider's going to pay for 2 broadcast crews when the Phlyers have a national game?

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.