2020-2021 Lineup Thread

darksabre

Pilut is still in the mix here over the next few years as guys like Johnson and Laaksonen develop. Also we have no idea on Sam and Montour’s cost.  I doubt we’d pay Sam more then Skinner. I think 8 mill is the max.  

With Joker, Risto and Miller under contract keeping Montour may not be the priority by year end if these 3 continue to excel.  His salary depends heavily on his play when he returns and how many UFA years Jbot wants to buy.  I think $6 is the max.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Olofsson - Eichel - Vesey (3x3)
Sheary(3x3) - Mittelstadt - Thompson
Asplund - Cozens - Okposo
Skinner - Larsson - Lazar 

Samson gone for a 2nd, a 3rd, and a prospect

What are you trying to do to us?  Isn’t our collective mental state damaged enough?

• 1 month later...

VO (RFA) Jack (10) Reinhart (RFA)  - Cap hit 21-22 mill (4 mill to VO and 7-8 for Samson) - VO might be less due to his injury

Skinner (9) New Player (?) MoJo (4.9) - Cap hit 20 mill; I’m budgeting 6 mill for the new 2C

New Player (?) Cozens (.925) Thompson (.925) - cap hit approx 5 mill with a $3 mill budget for a 3rd line LW

Asplund (.845) Larsson (2) KO (6) - plus Lazar (800k) as the 13th Forward - cap hit 9.65

Forwards cap hit about 55 mill

Dahlin (.925) Montour RFA - Cap Hit 5.925 - budget 5 mill for Montour 

McCabe (2.85) Risto (5.4) - Cap Hit 8.25

Miller (3.875) Jokiharju (.925) + Borgen (.864) as the 7th D - Cap Hit 5.725

Defense Cost - approx 20 mill

Goalies

Ullmark (RFA) - Budget 3.0

New Backup - ??? Budget 2.5

other sunk cost Hutton in Rochester 1.65 and CoHo 800K.

Roster Cost - 83 mill

Job Candidates not listed - Routsalainen (.925), Mitts (.925).  I would mind acquiring Henrique - 4 years at 5.875.  Vesey might be re-signed. Etc...

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

35 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

VO (RFA) Jack (10) Reinhart (RFA)  - Cap hit 21-22 mill (4 mill to VO and 7-8 for Samson) - VO might be less due to his injury

Skinner (9) New Player (?) MoJo (4.9) - Cap hit 20 mill; I’m budgeting 6 mill for the new 2C

New Player (?) Cozens (.925) Thompson (.925) - cap hit approx 5 mill with a $3 mill budget for a 3rd line LW

Asplund (.845) Larsson (2) KO (6) - plus Lazar (800k) as the 13th Forward - cap hit 9.65

Forwards cap hit about 55 mill

Dahlin (.925) Montour RFA - Cap Hit 5.925 - budget 5 mill for Montour 

McCabe (2.85) Risto (5.4) - Cap Hit 8.25

Miller (3.875) Jokiharju (.925) + Borgen (.864) as the 7th D - Cap Hit 5.725

Defense Cost - approx 20 mill

Goalies

Ullmark (RFA) - Budget 3.0

New Backup - ??? Budget 2.5

other sunk cost Hutton in Rochester 1.65 and CoHo 800K.

Roster Cost - 83 mill

Job Candidates not listed - Routsalainen (.925), Mitts (.925).  I would mind acquiring Henrique - 4 years at 5.875.  Vesey might be re-signed. Etc...

Don't forget, unless Botterill sheds some serious cap $'s this season soon, both Dahlin and Olofsson have very real possibilities of getting paid this year which will hit next year's cap.  So, probably will lose ~$2-3MM off next year's cap for those.  (No data on what bonuses they're eligible for this year but they should be fairly readily determinable.)

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Don't forget, unless Botterill sheds some serious cap $'s this season soon, both Dahlin and Olofsson have very real possibilities of getting paid this year which will hit next year's cap.  So, probably will lose ~$2-3MM off next year's cap for those.  (No data on what bonuses they're eligible for this year but they should be fairly readily determinable.)

I doubt Olofsson has any rookie bonuses as a 7th rd pick. 

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Not exactly a huge hit the cap.

True.  Please point out where I'd said his would be.  I'd said his and Dahlin's combined could very well be $2-3MM combined.  And if they both max out, they will collect over $2.98MM in team based bonuses (& quite possibly more, which don't matter for this exercise, leaguewide bonuses).

Which would need to get figured into any cap space calculations for next season unless the total salary this season gets reduced significantly soon.  And which you completely neglected in your analysis.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

of the 6 UFA forwards (Vesey, Sheary, Frolik, Girgs, Larsson, Wilson) who is the most likely to return? wont be surprised at all to see them all go.

Until they end up elsewhere, will still move forward that the assumption Larsson and Girgensons will be back.    They're clearly 4th liners but can step up when asked and guys that fit what you want out of your 4th liners are typically more valuable to their current team than they are elsewhere.

Doubt Wilson gets brought back - he'd likely rather be with a worse bottom feeder to have a better shot of staying in the NHL.

Expecting 1 of Vesey or Sheary brought back, but would not be surprised to see 1 moved at the deadline and the other simply walk.  Haven't seen enough of Frolik to expect him back or not.  Would lean towards him gone as well, but if he continues to play like he did last night, they'll want to re-sign him; will be interesting to see if should he be asked back to play a typically lower middle 6 role with occasional 2nd line duty would entice him back.  He sees himself as a 2nd liner and really expect that they'll have better options for that 6th F next year.

On 1/17/2020 at 11:02 AM, WildCard said:

image.thumb.png.062d42977d4d46f8d7616bb8c4c63884.png

Quite a bit coming off the books next year. Ton of decisions for Botterill and Krueger

I hope that whatever direction they go in, they are not tight up against the cap on opening night. Leave some wiggle room to make a move if necessary. Too many teams are at the magic number and it hampers any movement.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, WildCard said:

Larsson

19 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Girgensons is 5th on the team in goals.

I think they are both back unless a team decides to open the brinks truck for either.  It's possible I guess but certainly not likely.  I think the remaining UFAs walk.  

On 1/17/2020 at 2:26 PM, Crusader1969 said:

of the 6 UFA forwards (Vesey, Sheary, Frolik, Girgs, Larsson, Wilson) who is the most likely to return? wont be surprised at all to see them all go.

In order of likelihood (really, it's three pairs- Larsson only slightly more likely than Girgs, Vesey Sheary are toss-ups, Frolik Wilson are doubtful at this point, in my opinion):

1. Larsson
  2. Girgs
  3. Vesey
  4. Sheary
  5. Frolik
  6. Wilson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.