Jake McCabe Signs 2 Year Extension 2.85 Mil AAV

Brawndo

I was hoping for 3 years at 3 per, but I never thought about the expansion implications. Great deal.

Also “cap mess” is ill-considered hyperbole when we are over the roster limit and said mess includes Wilson, Sobotka, Hunwick and Nelson.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, dudacek said:

Also “cap mess” is ill-considered hyperbole when we are over the roster limit and said mess includes Wilson, Sobotka, Hunwick and Nelson.

I don't disagree, however how he will manage the roster has been like a slow crescendo all summer long - the need to "do something" has definitely taken the forefront at this point.  

3 minutes ago, ... said:

I don't disagree, however how he will manage the roster has been like a slow crescendo all summer long - the need to "do something" has definitely taken the forefront at this point.  

We still have two months. 

What would you do?

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Ship Sobotka to Siberia 

It's ridiculous that his ass can't be released without salary cap implications.

McCabe started out very promising, then slumped.  Then he made a comeback.  He's serviceable.

Still waiting for the team to actually be improved.

1 hour ago, ... said:

Really doesn't matter what I would do.

5 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Don't ever say that! You and what you do, do matter! ?

Do you think that Obi-Wan ever said to himself, "[it] doesn't matter what I would do."?  No! Do you think Amidala ever said to herself, "[it] doesn't matter what I would do."?  No! Do you think that Threepio ever said to...  wait, don't answer that one.

The logjam is at RHD. McCabe had offseason surgery. Pilut and Bogo won't be ready for the start of the season. We stay the course. And then, we have innumerable options as the season unfolds. Barring injuries, there's a lot of good deadline trade possibilities. Although I believe we've got to get our 2C before the season begins. I don't want to wait for the first couple of months to dictate what we do. I want to dictate with our passion and quality what we do with the season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Do you think that Obi-Wan ever said to himself, "[it] doesn't matter what I would do."?  No! Do you think Amidala ever said to herself, "[it] doesn't matter what I would do."?  No! Do you think that Threepio ever said to...  wait, don't answer that one.

The logjam is at RHD. McCabe had offseason surgery. Pilut and Bogo won't be ready for the start of the season. We stay the course. And then, we have innumerable options as the season unfolds. Barring injuries, there's a lot of good deadline trade possibilities. Although I believe we've got to get our 2C before the season begins. I don't want to wait for the first couple of months to dictate what we do. I want to dictate with our passion and quality what we do with the season.

I thought about the bolded and decided ....... I hope we're not "sellers" (nor cellars) at the deadline. That would not compute.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Tondas said:

I agree, the ask is way too high.  But at $3 Mil, (if that's what the arbitrator comes back with) is not too much for McCabe.

As to the Zadorov comp, I think it's fair.  McCabe is 1 year older, had the same amount of points as Zadorov in 11 fewer games and also half the penalty minutes.  Both are 3rd pair guys on a good team.  I'll leave the analytics stuff to others.  But, I don't think that Zadorov is much better than McCabe.

Regarding the Zadorov/McCabe comparison it's not about points, it's about being a defenseman. This nonsensical everybody attack methodology of Housley's was proven to be ridiculous and if we stick with it we won't go far. Pairings have to be a solid D man with a more aggressive puck mover. Balanced pairings.

I'm ok with the 2.85 but something still has to give. 

(re the bold part - how are we a good team????)

21 hours ago, ... said:

21 hours ago, dudacek said:

We still have two months. 

What would you do?

Can I start another Jbot Do Something Already Thread?

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Can I start another Jbot Do Something Already Thread?

I think a "Mid-summer status of the Sabres, JBot what are you gonna do" thread is almost needed.  Include a current list of the roster, their contract status, cap hit, and positron each.  Unless that already exists somewhere.

Edited by ...
The Ghost of Dwight Drane

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.