6. Karl Alzner

5. Loui Eriksson

4. Kyle Okposo

3. Andrew Ladd

2. Milan Lucic

1. Brent Seabrook

Pretty amazed Suter, Parise, Weber, and Price aren't on there

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder.. do you score the contract worse because if a player who was signed to it was never really injured once they signed it?

For example, Quick.  If he had never suffered those injuries, would his performance have slipped to a point where he'd be considered for this list?  It's hard to say, but if I compare to the Lucic contract I have to give a little.  Lucic was not injured, he just sucks.

The same with Okposo.

Not that the contracts aren't still a burden.

Say what you will about these terrible contracts, but I still prefer NHL guaranteed contracts to the NFL.  NHL contracts are so much easier to understand for the fans and I assume, the players.

How is Ryan Kesler not in this list?   His last two years have been invisible to the Ducks.  He is 34, has three more years at $6.875m (almost a mill more than Kyle). Okposo has averaged almost 40 points his last/only three years with the Sabres vs Keslers 25.  And he is three years younger.  

• Like (+1) 1

So worst contracts 2, 3, 4  & 5 were all signed in the summer of 2016. If Gary Bettman told JBOT, "If you wish, you can trade Okposo for Lucic, Ladd, or Loui Eriksson", who would you want him to pick? My pick would be for Lucic, but only because I like chaos.

On 7/25/2019 at 3:14 PM, Huckleberry said:

they should add bobrovsky to 

His name will be on this list in 2 or 3 summers. 

3 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Pretty unfair to put guys with injuries on there. 

He’s not on LTIR.   Yes, oft injured, but has played parts of every year with the ducks.   Which is why I think it qualifies as a bad contract.  As opposed to say Nathan Horton who we know would never play but is not disadvantageous to his team because he doesn’t count against the cap.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.