Sabres/Bills New Journalist: Maddy Glab

WildCard

27 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Not shocking but this quickly went downhill over at TSW

Assuming she'll be the new Lauren Hall.  Good luck to her.  Should be a fun job to have.

Anybody else think she sounds like the girl that plays Nell on NCIS: LA?

Edited by Taro T

She sounds like she's originally from SEC country.

Good luck to her.

At least Russ Brandon's not around to prey on her.

Edit: Her Twitter bio says she's from Chicago. My bad.

Second edit: But her C.V. has lotsa recent SEC credits.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Weave said:

I'm sure it applies in the loosest of definitions. I'm not expecting the Sabres version of Edward R. Murrow here.

Weeve careful how you say loosest... meant a whole nother thing when we were young and at this point I am pretty sure you dont know her.

Really just trolling you...

Edited by North Buffalo

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Assuming she'll be the new Lauren Hall.  Good luck to her.  Should be a fun job to have.

I'm wondering if Rochester sports enthusiast and radio personality Kim Bernston will get a chance at some point. She's super knowledgeable and has been working RIT Tigers games for a few years. Hope she gets a chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, inkman said:

I'm wondering if Rochester sports enthusiast and radio personality Kim Bernston will get a chance at some point. She's super knowledgeable and has been working RIT Tigers games for a few years. Hope she gets a chance. 

Kimmy from CMF, Kimberly from Kimberly & Beck, or some other Ra-cha-cha Kim?

Who knew there were so many Ra-cha-cha Kim's?

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Kimmy from CMF, Kimberly from Kimberly & Beck, or some other Ra-cha-cha Kim?

Who knew there were so many Ra-cha-cha Kim's?

Kimberly and Beck make me want to light a pencil on fire and jam it into my ear. Yes I'm talking about Kimmy from WCMF. 

Edited by inkman
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

She was previously in Tennessee but I swear she has an Inland Northern (Great Lakes) accent.  In other words, she sounds like one of us.  I checked her Facebook page and it says she's from Glen Ellyn, Illinois, so that checks out.

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

She sounds like she's originally from SEC country.

Incorrect.  She totally sounds like a Great Lakes person.

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Second edit: But her C.V. has lotsa recent SEC credits.

She went to UT Knoxville.

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

She was previously in Tennessee but I swear she has an Inland Northern (Great Lakes) accent.  In other words, she sounds like one of us.  I checked her Facebook page and it says she's from Glen Ellyn, Illinois, so that checks out.

Incorrect.  She totally sounds like a Great Lakes person.

She went to UT Knoxville.

None of which, afaict, implies she doesn't sound like the chick that plays Nell on NCIS: LA.

3 hours ago, Weave said:

I'm sure it applies in the loosest of definitions. I'm not expecting the Sabres version of Edward R. Murrow here.

There's not a definition of journalist that's loose enough to qualify here. She works in corporate communications. PR. Marketing. Etc.

23 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

There's not a definition of journalist that's loose enough to qualify here. She works in corporate communications. PR. Marketing. Etc.

Who cares?  Not sure if we said the same stuff about Ray, May, Robitaille or Lorentz.  They technically count as journalists too? Do you really expect the next version of Jim Kelley to be hired by the team?

This reminds me of Harrington being critical of Lauren Hall. Her job was not to be a hard hitting journalist, but the Twitter tough guy went after her of all people. 

Simplify this....someone who has a PSE paycheck will never meet the definition of journalist that many want here. That needs to be filled outside of the mothership.  That said, they are still producing content that is technically journalism. 

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Journalist? No.

53 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

If you are going to be interviewing people or presenting information to an audience, that’s journalism.

She isn’t an investigative reporter and she is working for a private company, so she will be reporting what they assign to her, but it’s still journalism.

Is a news anchor a journalist?  All they do is sit in a chair, read what someone hands them, and look at the camera, but it’s still journalism.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.